Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    daryharr Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2008, 12:28 PM
    Early probation termination
    What is asked or required by courts for early termanation of probation. All fees are satisfied and more than half of sentence is served without any arrest

May 3, 2008, 12:40 PM
    Florida state contractors license
    What criminal background requirements for floridas license and what is the process if you have felonies on your record

May 3, 2008, 12:53 PM
    Civil right restored
    How can you get you civil rights restored in Georgia
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 3, 2008, 01:21 PM
    Are you referring to your right to vote and your right to own weapons after being imprisioned of a felony?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 3, 2008, 01:35 PM
    Each state will have their own requirements, and it has to be approved by the judge. You will need to meet with your PO and discuss this with him

May 3, 2008, 01:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    are you refering to your right to vote and your right to own weapons after being imprisioned of a felony??

I have just past my Florida Contractor's exam and now it is my understanding that when I go for the application process, because of felonies in my past, I have to have my civil rights restored. I am not sure exactly what they are referring to. My incarceration was in Georgia and I am currently at probation and live in Florida. All fines and restitutions have been paid.

May 3, 2008, 01:58 PM
    I have just passed my floridas contractors exam and now it is my understanding that when I go for the application process, because of my felonies in the past, I have to have my civil rights restored. I am not sure exactly what they are referring to. My incarcerration was in Georgia and I currently on probation. Will be trying for early termination
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 3, 2008, 02:09 PM
    You have posted this 3 times - threads should be combined for ease in answering -
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 3, 2008, 02:10 PM
    >Threads merged<

Please stick to one thread as all these issues are related.

May 4, 2008, 08:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee
    You have posted this 3 times - threads should be combined for ease in answering -
    Sory new at this
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 5, 2008, 11:28 AM
    Hello d:

You're still on probation. In order for your rights to be restored, you're probably going to need to go through a pardon process. That's not going to be available to you for years and it's going to require a lawyer.

Because you're not going to get your rights restored right now, I suspect that there are dispensations that can be granted for felons. I would go back to the people who told you that you need your rights restored and ask them if there is another way.

If not, then you're not going to be a contractor. If, however, you don't want to take a burearcrats word for it, I'd run it by a lawyer and see if maybe HE knows something.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Civil judgements [ 7 Answers ]

OK here's the scenario. I have a friend whom they think I owe them money from a business and it is over 10,000 dollars. We went to court and the judge made them win and will sent me my judgement. The question is can I include this on chapter 7 bankruptcy since it's a civil judgement?

Civil disobedience [ 68 Answers ]

Could the civil right movement have succeeded without civil disobedience?

Civil Action [ 4 Answers ]

We Have Signed A Promissory Note To The People That We Got Our Home From.now We Are Behind And They Are Taking Us To Court. What Can Be Done At This Point?

Concerning a Civil Summons. [ 1 Answers ]

Monday, September 24, I received a civil summons concerning a credit card debt. I received three papers, two being the same copy of a summons, the other stating how much I owe the company (Capital one). The date on the summons says May 21, 2007. Is it too late to do anything about it? Also, I...

Civil Law [ 1 Answers ]

After you file a lawsuit in the court room, before your statue of limitations runs out, what's the average time it takes for the court to review the case and set a court date?

View more questions Search