Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LostInHisEyez Posts: 130, Reputation: 15

May 3, 2008, 10:17 AM
    Woke up with a bug stuck in my thigh!
    I woke up and I walked straight into the bathroom so I could take my shower, while undressing I saw a bug-yes a bug- stuck in my thigh! I was absolutely scared, it didn't hurt but I couldn't pull it out. When I finally did it left like a little sore. Which kind of hurts. I'm not sure what kind of bug it was, it wasn't a tic, too big. But I can't think of anything else.. idk what caused it. I have a cat, but he takes tic stuff and has a flea collar and he doesn't even go outside. I'm kind of freaked because I don't want this to happen again but this time I find out somewhere in public, what was it, and how do I prevent it?:(
    Toluca_86 Posts: 114, Reputation: 11

May 3, 2008, 10:20 AM
    Can you describe what it looked like?

There are different kinds of tics you know, that come in different sizes...
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2008, 10:22 AM
    Can you give a rough idea where you are because you can get different bugs in different areas. It only has to be rough like "the south of France" don't post up anything too exact!
    LostInHisEyez Posts: 130, Reputation: 15

May 3, 2008, 12:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by LostInHisEyez
    I woke up and i walked straight into the bathroom so i could take my shower, while undressing i saw a bug-yes a bug- stuck in my thigh!! i was absolutely scared, it didnt hurt but i couldnt pull it out. when i finally did it left like a little sore. which kinda hurts. im not sure what kinda bug it was, it wasn't a tic, too big. but i can't think of anything else..idk what caused it. I have a cat, but he takes tic stuff and has a flea collar and he doesnt even go outside. im kinda freaked because i dont want this to happen again but this time i find out somewhere in public, what was it, and how do i prevent it?:(
    It was flat, and brown and the head was red, I'm assuming because it was suckin blood... *shivers*. I live in Reading, Pennsylvania. Kind of woodsy where I live, but I'm never out because I work and sleep. It was completely weird. -.-
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 3, 2008, 01:25 PM
    Sounds like it was a tick to me.

May 3, 2008, 01:32 PM
    This is one type of tick here, the brown dog tick:

http://www.1800pixtick.com/images/BrownDogGroup.jpg

As you can see, it's body changes size as it fills up with blood. Perhaps what you are used to seeing are "deer ticks"? Those ones are smaller, and mostly black.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2008, 02:08 PM
    Sounds like a tick to me also, they can carry the Lime disease and also the Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, so if you start to see symptoms of either one see a Dr. You can read the symptoms on line.

May 3, 2008, 02:28 PM
    Only deer ticks carry Lime disease, I think.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 3, 2008, 02:57 PM
    If you ripped it out and it's a tic then it's possible that the legs are still in your skin and will grow back. Go to a doctor, you could be at risk for Lyhme disease if it was a tic. Better safe than sorry, go to the doc.

Good Luck.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 3, 2008, 03:06 PM
    Alty, I think you mean it's important to make sure the head is out.

May 3, 2008, 03:07 PM
    "If you ripped it out and it's a tic then it's possible that the legs are still in your skin and will grow back"

I don't know where you heard that but I can guarantee you it's not true. It can't grow back. There are a lot of funny myths surrounding things like ticks, I know.

And again, she didn't have a deer tick she most probably had a dog tick, so Lime disease is not a worry...

And just in case you're wondering where I get my info, well, I grew up in a region with lots of ticks, I've had a bunch in my lifetime, and I've also talked to a wildlife biologist about their biology.
    Pets Expert

May 3, 2008, 04:03 PM
    Ah, yes, sorry J, you are right, that's what I meant. Eek, I really can't drink coffee and type at the same time. Sorry.

It is important to get it checked out though, tics aren't easy to remove and it does have to be done correctly, a doctors appointment is still a good idea.

Good Luck, and let us know how it goes.
    Pets Expert

May 3, 2008, 04:12 PM
    Okay, here is a site that I found that will tell you more about ticks.

Tick identification and removal « Offthegridgirls's Weblog

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pimple on inner thigh? [ 4 Answers ]

I have this pimple looking thing on my inner thigh, but I don't think it's a pimple. Its basically the color of my skin just a little redder. It also has a littler bump right next to it. I know for a FACT its not an STD. It hurts SOOOO bad when I walk because it rubs against my other leg and it...

Woke up dizzy and with a headache [ 8 Answers ]

So this morning I woke up and had a slight headache. I kept hitting snooze. Then when I finally got out of bed I nearly fell over because I was so dizzy. That was at 7:20 this morning. Its now almost 9 and I'm still dizzy and I still have a headache. Not sure what could cause it... yesterday was...

Inner Thigh rash [ 1 Answers ]

My thighs are quite large and they rub together and I get a horrible rash. I've been cutting off the tops of cheap panty hpse for under my skirts in the summer, that doesn't always work. I never wear pants, is there some sort of cream or powder I can use? It's very painful. Thanks.

Inner thigh pain [ 0 Answers ]

I wake up at night with sever ripping in my inner thigh

I'm pregnant and today I woke up with Pains! [ 1 Answers ]

Ok Im pregnant I just found out december 8th 2006...Im 18 years old and my first check up is on jan 4th thats what the doctor told me to go in on! and well today around 6 am I got these weird feelings in my stomach..so I went to go use the restroom! well I went to go wipe and there was like a light...

View more questions Search