Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    swtpopcorn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2006, 09:35 AM
    A husband's right
    [ have a friend whose wife found he has a mistress and kicked him out of the bed last night and probably the house soon...Does he have the right to stay in the house if he decides to file for divorce from her?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 20, 2006, 03:06 PM
    Depends on the state, in some states she can change the locks on him.

And I doubt that he has to worry about filing for divorce I am sure the wife will do it for him.

If he was cheating and was caught, he needs to move out for a while, try to get marriage counseling with his wife and make it work.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2006, 08:07 PM
    He doesn't have to leave.

It is much his property as his wife's.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2006, 06:18 AM
    Hi,
    If the wife sees a lawyer, has Separation Papers drawn up, then he will have to move out. It's up to her.
    Since he is the one who initiated the problems, I am almost certain the lawyer will have the Court tell him to leave. Later, if they divorce, half the value of the house and property will be his, unless some other considerations are in order.
    bizygurl Posts: 522, Reputation: 110

Feb 21, 2006, 09:42 AM
    Im not sure you can make someone leave there place of residence. But put it this way if I was the wife id leave if he wouldn't

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My husband's Boss/Friend [ 7 Answers ]

My husband has worked for and with his boss for about 7 years now. Over that time, we have become close with the family. His boss is married and they have two children - 12 and 16. Over time, his boss has struggled with alcohol and fitness addictions. Lately, he seems to have become addicted...

My husband's career [ 13 Answers ]

My husband recently finished his residency as a family physician. He now has a dream of specializing in psychiatry, possibly child psychiatry. This would mean another 5 years of training. I am all for him pursuing the speciality, because he wants it so much and knowing him as well as I do, I...

My deceased husband's credit card debt [ 8 Answers ]

My husband passed away at the end of last May. Since that time, I have diligently tried to pay off all his outstanding debts. His credit card with Chase had a substantial balance. I have already paid off about$5000 (which would have been greater if they hadn't hiked the interest rate to 27%). My...

Husband's Family... [ 1 Answers ]

:-X I've dated my husband for four years and we were just married this past April. He is the love of my life. We get along so well. I grew up in an abusive home and I never wanted the life my mother had and thankfully I don't. Though I love this man more than life itself, there is a problem......

View more questions Search