Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    froggy7 Posts: 1,801, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2008, 08:29 AM
    Epilepsy and flea treatments
    Hi!

My mom has a beagle mix, about 2 years old now I think. She just recently had a seizure, about two weeks ago while my mom was away from home. My brother (who was dogsitting at the time) talked to the vet about it, and he said that since it was the first one, and fairly mild, and the dog was scheduled for an annual checkup this next Tuesday, that they could just wait until then for him to see the dog.

Which brings me to my question. My mom is wondering if there are any flea treatments that she should not use on this dog. Apparently the ticks are really really bad at her place this year, so she needs to do something. She will be talking about it with the vet, but I figured I would see if there is a "general consensus" out there among other owners of epileptic dogs.

Check out some similar questions!

Sister might have epilepsy, can she just get it at 18? [ 9 Answers ]

My sister has been fainting when she has been in nightclubs and says now that she is fainting when looking at the flames of a fire, can she get it at 18, can it just come on like that? Also I was wondering how will it affect her in the long term, if she does have it, will there be side effects...

Can epilepsy lead to paralysis? [ 4 Answers ]

My mother is 55 yrs old, a diabetic person from last 10 years. In last few months, she has developed epilepsy, where she loses control over whatever she is holding in her hands. Her doctor has suggested Lonazep. I want to know if this is optimum solution. And is there a risk of paralysis?

Epilepsy? There is a cure. [ 12 Answers ]

Thirty years ago I came across a solution for epilepsy and I tried it first on a friend who had grand mal fits every day. I thin advertised... her fits stopped, but when she told her doctor he said he would strike her off his books if she continued "this foolishness". She stopped my...

Worm/Flea control - overlap of treatments? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Our puppy (cavoodle - 12 weeks old) is due for her flea control treatment soon, but is not due for her worm control in another 2 months. I would like to start using a 3 in 1 product - out of convenience. Is it OK if I started feeding her a 3 in 1 product such as Sentinel Spectrum now?...

Epilepsy & Sex [ 10 Answers ]

I heard that some anti-seizure meds can affect one's sex life? (I'm taking lamictal) I heard that epileptic women often have sexual difficulties? Is this true?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search