Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maryissacs Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2008, 01:32 AM
    Whirlpool DWF 405 flashing light
    I have a Whirlpool DWF 405 dishwasher, the problem I am facing with it is, it sometimes doesn't complete the washing cycle. The light on the start button starts flashing. It seems like the final heating and drying cycle is not working.

Can anyone help me with it.. and the funny thing is, it doesn't always do that,
    hobyhoby Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2008, 11:11 AM

I have the same problem and it comes more and more often. Any solutions.
    drcool299 Posts: 26, Reputation: 3

Nov 13, 2008, 09:03 PM
    I'm not sure if it would be the same case.

But I repaired a Frigidaire dishwasher about a week ago and it is just like what you have mention. The start .cancel button flashing and would not continue to wash the dishes.

It would start when you press start then would wash at the start then after about 10 minutes, the start/cancel button would flash wnd would stop.

I trouble-shooted the board and found one IC, optoisolator that when I pushes the pins, the unit would continue to run and when I remove my fingers, the unit would stop. I suspected cold solder or maybe loose connection. I resolder all the joints and make sure it has continuity.

When we tested it, we were able to run it 1 continues load without a hitch.

Then on the next day it would be use, again it stop in the middle of the cycle.

I replaced this opto isolator which cost $2.50 on a local electronics shop, and until now, it have'nt stop on the middle of a cycle.

I hope it helps.

Tnx 4 using AMHD,

Drcool:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whirlpool Dishwasher Flashing Light [ 6 Answers ]

Can anybody help me please, my Whirlpool ADP9621 Dishwasher won't start. All I get is the start light flashing. The only thing that does happen is it will go through the cancel sequence if I press and hold the start button, then the wash symbol light flashes. After returning the program selector to...

Flashing green light on dash [ 1 Answers ]

There is a flashing green light on the right side of the dash on my daughter's 91 honda car What does it means?

Power light flashing. [ 1 Answers ]

The power light on my MESH tower is flashing. Why?

View more questions Search