Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JMARIE Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2008, 08:30 PM
    I live in Florida and my fathers son is in Indiana does my son have to go there?
    I moved to Florida 3yrs ago.. my sons father is in Indiana and has not been much in his life when he has been it has been heartache for my little boy... so much to the point I have him in thearpy... and he has been bakeracked... now out of the blue my sons father wants to go to court to get visitation and pay child support I don't trust my sons father or family... my lawer is aware and we are trying to get supervised visits but if I don't can I make so the visitation is only in the county that I live in or would I have to send him there

Thanks for the help!! Or anything else you might be able to add!!
    jelaine Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2008, 09:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JMARIE
    I moved to florida 3yrs ago..my sons father is in Indiana and has not been much in his life when he has been it has been heartache for my lil boy...so much to the point I have him in thearpy...and he has been bakeracked...now out of the blue my sons father wants to go to court to get visitation and pay child support I dont trust my sons father or family...my lawer is aware and we are trying to get supervised visits but if I dont can I make so the visitation is only in the county that I live in or would I have to send him there

thanks for the help!!!! or anything else you might be able to add!!!
    Hi JMarie
    My cousin had the same issue. She remarried and moved out of state and the father started paying child support and when to court and got visitation right . The court her to sen the kid back to him from JUne through August. So unless you can prove some unfitness, abuse or neglect by the father he may win his shared custody.

Goeed luck
    J
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2008, 04:56 AM
    That would be up to the court system I would think.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 3, 2008, 09:44 AM
    It will be up to the courts. If he has not seen the child in a long time, you may get it to be supervised for a short time, but unless there is some proof that is available, most liekly he will get visitation times with the child in his area.
    yanbry Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2010, 04:12 PM

I can see my son I support him its illegal?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adoption with out fathers consent in Florida while father is in jail [ 2 Answers ]

I have a friend who is in jail. He was pretty wild for a while but has straightened up and works for us on a work release program. He has 3 more months to serve for violation of probation of driving with no license(on a old charge)and then he is done. Soon after he went to jail he found out his ...

Live in Florida, work in Georgia. [ 4 Answers ]

If I am living in Florida, and work in Georgia, and Georgia takes out state taxes what do I do about filing in Florida which does not have state income taxes.:confused:

File as married & self-employed: live in NY and do biz in Florida. Where do I file? [ 1 Answers ]

I moved to NY in the beginning of 2007. I am a freelance designer and I do business with clients in New York and Florida. I receive 1099s from my clients, both in New York and Florida, but i am not sure were do I have to file. Could you please clarify this for me? Thank you.

Foreclosure on house I live in key west Florida what are my rights as a tenant [ 3 Answers ]

I live in key west Florida irecently receive a notice in the mail stating July 31 2007 there will be an auction forclosing the property I live in. so do I have any right to remain in the house . The proerties aren't selling well in key west right now I'm assuming the bank will buy it then try and...

Wife works and live in nj, I live and work in ny [ 1 Answers ]

Due to my job in nyc, I have to maintain a residence nyc. I rent not own a house in nyc. My wife lives in a house with our kids in nj and also works there. How do we file for taxes.:confused:

View more questions Search