Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tbell624 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2008, 07:04 PM
    Bonding of bank employees
    What can prevent a person from getting bonded as an employee at a beank or credit union
    RichardBondMan Posts: 832, Reputation: 66

May 10, 2008, 02:24 AM
    Bonded ? All bank/credit union employees are required by the Fed Govt to be bonded for dishonest acts by one blanket fidelity bond purchased by the bank/cu that covers dishonest acts of employees... I do not believe it's possible to exclude only one or just a few employees... cause that's the reason a blanket bond is bought... to cover all... either you are "acceptable" as an employee or not... either you pass any background cks the financial institution requires or not... so either you are hired or you or not... if you are then you are covered.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 10, 2008, 07:04 AM
    To be hired there is normally very specific rules, such as criminal history, credit history and the such. The bank can give you their specific rules.
    CrimsonPlatypus Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Sep 4, 2008, 01:53 PM
    FDIC Section 19 covers the regulations regarding background checks of financial institution employees.

The biggest think that banks look for on applicants records are arrest and convictions of crimes of dishonesty.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Creditor threatening bonding at bank [ 6 Answers ]

My daughter is behind on a credit card after having her first baby, single mom, no extra money to get current on this card. The collections co. is calling her at home and work! They told her that if she could not pay a certain amount in 1 week, that their next step would cause her to lose her...

Bank bonding [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, my wife was informed after being fired from a bank job. That she might not be bondable .how do we find this information.

Can a bank withdrawal ALL of an employees money [ 7 Answers ]

OK so my friend works at a bank ( so do I , not hers luckly) and she quit. She gave notice, but then decided to quit a little sooner. The day she didn't go in they sent her a letter saying since she has a bal of 500$ on her od line of credit they were withdrawing ALL of her $ out of her checking...

Bank employee bonding [ 2 Answers ]

What do the bonding companies look at when they verify that a perspective bank employee can be bonded?

Bank bonding [ 3 Answers ]

My son was charged with a felony when he was 20 yrs old having drugs in his possession with intent to distrtibute, however after review by the district attorney charges were dismissed and no court date was necessry. Now 2 yers later he has been hired by a bank after passing the drug test. He has...

View more questions Search