Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    900295 Posts: 74, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2008, 04:58 PM
    White heads
    Everyday, I see more and more white heads on my face. I use differin gel and a Neutrogena face wash. How can I get rid of my white heads? Also, I don't enjoy popping pimples so that's out of the question lol.
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

May 3, 2008, 04:08 PM
    This occurs due to skin cells being trapped rather than being exfoliated naturally. Also using heavy creams don't help. Try using Retin-A cremes or cremes with AHA (alpha hydroxy acid). If it doesn't clear up, consult your GP/dermatologist.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

May 4, 2008, 01:37 AM
    I was told by my dermatologist that this was caused by being dehydrated.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

May 4, 2008, 06:59 AM
    Try using silver water on your face. You can get this at a health food store. Wipe your face with a cotton ball saturated in silver water. Silver water is a natural antibacterial for the skin. It works much better than any kind of wash. It is also good to use on blackheads as well and pimples respond quite nicely to silver water. My son used to have blackheads and after using silver water wiped on his face 2X a day he got rid of them once and for all having successfully killing the bacteria down inside the pores. You might also try a different soap on your face as well. There is a brand called Kiss My Face out there that I found works much, much better than any Neutrogena bar. I like the Lavender Kiss My Face soap. It lasts and lasts as it is French (hard) milled. I bathe in it as well as use on my face. It does cost a bit more but lasts and lasts so I don't feel that I am throwing my money away on it. They also have excellent skin care products. I especially like their body lotions also as it has alpha hydroxy acid in it. My skin feels nourished not coated when I apply it.

May 4, 2008, 09:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMomma
    I was told by my dermatologist that this was caused by being dehydrated.
    I don't drink water as much as I used to.
    I used to drink about 8 bottles of .5 liter bottles.
    Now I have been drinking about maybe a bottle or to a day.

May 4, 2008, 09:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter
    Try using silver water on your face. You can get this at a health food store. Wipe your face with a cotton ball saturated in silver water. Silver water is a natural antibacterial for the skin. It works much better than any kind of wash. It is also good to use on blackheads as well and pimples respond quite nicely to silver water. My son used to have blackheads and after using silver water wiped on his face 2X a day he got rid of them once and for all having successfully killing the bacteria down inside the pores. You might also try a different soap on your face as well. There is a brand called Kiss My Face out there that I found works much, much better than any Neutrogena bar. I like the Lavender Kiss My Face soap. It lasts and lasts as it is French (hard) milled. I bathe in it as well as use on my face. It does cost a bit more but lasts and lasts so I don't feel that I am throwing my money away on it. They also have excellent skin care products. I especially like their body lotions also as it has alpha hydroxy acid in it. My skin feels nourished not coated when I apply it.

I'll be sure to look out for Kiss My Face, lol. Does it come in a face wash?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

May 4, 2008, 12:21 PM
    Kiss My Face has a website. They have all sorts of skin care products. I like them a lot. If your local health food store does not carry the brand then go online.
    la-voleuse Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2008, 12:55 PM
    You and I are in the same boat ,

I find face masks help

Oh yea , I watched this health program and it said that washing your face actually doesn't provent spots , it just washes away your skins natural protection!

I could have murdered my mum , she always tells me how spotty I am and that I musnt be washing my face!

Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bumps, white discharge, redness, itchy, some white pus [ 6 Answers ]

This hasn't been the first time but this time its not going away and I'm young and I don't want to see a doctor. Its very itchy and the bumps are red and swollen and hurt sometimes. They also bleed and I have A LOT of discharge. Its very uncomfortable. What could it be? Do I have to see someone? Or...

Black heads [ 1 Answers ]

My husband has several VERY big blackheads (or what looks like blackheads) on his back that just will NOT go away. When mashed very little if anything comes out. They have been there literally for years. How can we get these things to go away? Thank you.

White heads on nose [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I am chandan, I have white heads on my nose,nowadays it has increased which has been a problem to me... can u recommend me any home remidies for this problem... Thank u.

Shower Heads [ 3 Answers ]

How Do I Remove The Flow Control System Off A Shower Head So The Pressure Comes Out Greater It's a Dual Shower Head If That Helps

View more questions Search