Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    heartfelt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2008, 02:16 PM
    Bride scams?
    Hi all
    I'm older guy
    Been promised love fidelity and more by younger filipina for marriage happy life etc
    I send money to help family and necessary papers but never did the make any progress ?so I turned the water off don't know if it's a scam or not but she's irresponsible with money any suggestions?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 2, 2008, 02:28 PM
    Walk away and put it down to experience.

You could try going to the authorities, but I doubt they would be able to help.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 2, 2008, 02:30 PM
    I have moved your post to the legal section, The introduction section is just to come in and say hello and tell us about yourself.

First how did you meet, did you use a marriage broker ? Or did you answer some email ? That is the first clue. How did you send the money, a check, money order, or western union. Did you ever send phsycial mail, not email, to have a real address? The reason I ask, there are people in Africa that claim to be in England, and a dozen other nations to have you send them western union, since they can get that money from any place in the world.

Next how much money did you spend.
    Is it a scam, most likely for every one real one there is most likely 1000 scam ones.

She is responsible, yes, but there is no way to sue her, even if you know where she really is, are you going to travel to her nation to sue her.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Philippine scams [ 15 Answers ]

Does anyone know anything about philippino dating are they scams

Modeling scams [ 42 Answers ]

HELP!! My husband just signed up with Model Search America for a convention in Vegas. They are charging $1200 for this! Does anyone have experience with this company or know anything about the business? Everything about it feels like a scam... HELP.

Finding out about scams [ 4 Answers ]

What is the page where you can find out if those notices you get that says don't open this or that is a scam or not?

View more questions Search