Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rockerchick_682 Posts: 496, Reputation: 72

May 2, 2008, 02:03 PM
    Treated Un-Fairly
    I was in this honors program, but my gpa got too low so I wasn't able to complete it. To graduate I need two more pe credits. One of those credits is from physiology. Three-fourths of this class is spent watching movies from the discovery channel. We aren't tested on these so they're pretty much time wasters.

I noticed that some of the boys in the class were leaving after a while, so I started to leave too when we weren't doing any work.

This had been going on for a while so I assumed that the teacher didn't care. Today he approached me and starting telling me that I was going to fail that class if I didn't show up and stay the whole time. He actually made me write it on a piece of paper and sign it. After doing that he offered me a drink and a snack and told me to tell him "I love you dog." like it meant nothing. I asked him if I really had to say that and it seemed to piss him off. After class I pointed out that I wasn't the only one leaving and that a lot of people weren't even doing their work, just playing games online. He threatened to withdraw me from the class because I was complaining.

I don't think they'res anything I can do because I have a lot of absences and I shouldn't of left the class. I feel like I'm losing a popularity contest.

May 2, 2008, 06:24 PM
    Just tell me anything. I really need an outside view.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 2, 2008, 07:23 PM
    Does not matter what others are doing, if you are not in college and don't go to class ( high school) they will fail you, actually they will normally just supend you from school in our area.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 2, 2008, 07:36 PM
    I'm more concerned about the teachers attitude, "I love you dog", what's up with that? Sounds like a shady character to me.

Fr_Chuck is right about school and attendance though, go or fail, those are your only options.

May 3, 2008, 02:51 AM
    I've realized I have no other choice, and I should have gone to class more, but I'm not the only one doing it, and I'm the only on being threatened. I feel like he's unsulted me a couple times. Today he told me that if I didn't like the class then I should have been in a "real" pe class. I'm assuming that means he believes I'm lazy. I decided to take this class and another pe class this semester because first semester I had two ap classes and a college english class that was weighing me down, and the free period was helping me out.

We have to wear this things around our waists for our gps walking devices to track where we are. One of the girls is really tiny and she said that it didn't fit her. He told her that usually big adults wear them. After he said that he looked directly at me and asked me if it fit me.

I feel like he hates me cause I'm over-weight and I'm not a jock like everyone in the class. I was thinking about bringing it up, but I think he'll just threaten me and tell me I'm complaining.
    SadSoul Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2008, 03:07 AM
    You can not do as other do. The only person you should be worried about is YOU. No matter what everyone else is doing. Go to class and leave when it is over. But on the other hand I also question the teacher motives. You should talk to your parent about that because that sounds out of line. But go to class and don't fail because of foolishness that seems like and easy "A" to me.:)
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2008, 03:38 AM
    Rockerchick,

You are a bright and beautiful girl. Don't you worry if the teacher likes you or not. You just put your mind to your studies 100% and see if things change.

I think his comments are out of line and if you give 100% and his comments persist, you have every right to report him. You are there to learn not to be ridiculed.

And just because everyone else is doing something, you know, it doesn't make it right.

Hang in there and be proud of yourself, you are doing good, just keep your mind on your studies.

May 3, 2008, 03:43 AM
    You're right, I shouldn't have done it.

I've been doing it all semester and I think the only reason he noticed is cause I drew attention to myself. I hate him. No one deserves to talk to me like that, especially not a teacher. I can hardly stand being here anymore.
    SadSoul Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2008, 03:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rockerchick_682

I hate him. No one deserves to talk to me like that, especially not a teacher. I can hardly stand being here anymore.
    What do you mean? At that school?

May 3, 2008, 04:51 AM
    Yes
    Pets Expert

May 3, 2008, 11:00 AM
    Rockerchick, what grade are you in right now?

May 4, 2008, 06:51 AM
    I'm a senior. Otherwise I would have just dropped the class. I know, deal with it. I wouldn't be so upset if I wasn't being personally degraded an front of the whole class.
    Pets Expert

May 4, 2008, 11:04 AM
    Well you don't have long to go, just hang in there and do your best, don't let one teacher ruin your high school experience, he's not worth it.

Keep your chin up, do your best, work hard and you'll be done before you know it.

Good Luck.
    dana1989 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2008, 11:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rockerchick_682
    I was in this honors program, but my gpa got too low so I wasn't able to complete it. To graduate I need two more pe credits. One of those credits is from physiology. Three-fourths of this class is spent watching movies from the discovery channel. We aren't tested on these so they're pretty much time wasters.

I noticed that some of the boys in the class were leaving after a while, so I started to leave too when we weren't doing any work.

This had been going on for a while so I assumed that the teacher didn't care. Today he approached me and starting telling me that I was going to fail that class if I didn't show up and stay the whole time. He actually made me write it on a piece of paper and sign it. After doing that he offered me a drink and a snack and told me to tell him "I love you dog." like it meant nothing. I asked him if I really had to say that and it seemed to piss him off. After class I pointed out that I wasn't the only one leaving and that a lot of people weren't even doing their work, just playing games online. He threatened to withdraw me from the class because I was complaining.

I don't think they'res anything I can do because I have a lot of absences and I shouldn't of left the class. I feel like I'm losing a popularity contest.
    Wow,
    Well sounds like going to the principle of a head of the school would be a good idea.
    A teacher shouldn't act that way towards a student!

Don't let this slip by.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fairly new Maytag side-by-side MSD2657HSE not cooling [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, This is a 18month old side-by-side Maytag MSG2657HSE refrigerator. The freezer half works perfectly, but the refrigerator half has stopped cooling. Also just 2 days before this happened the following was noticied by my wife - During the day time she noticed that water was seeping out from the...

Endtime theories of fairly recent history [ 7 Answers ]

I'd like to hear from people of a variety of generations on the subject of "endtimes" relating to current events. For example, people who were adults in the 70's, what was in the news or happening that people in general or religious groups attempted to attribute to signs of the endtimes? Also,...

Am I being treated fairly? [ 1 Answers ]

Since January this year ive been getting very close to a really nice boy. I bet you're thinking 'she fancies him' or w.e. But actually i don't, he sees me as his best friend and i feel the same. In January id had a stressful time with an ex boyfriend and i was often depressed and crying. He...

A man who has a fairly high-pitched voice [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, I have a quick question and hope you can help me. I am a man (a real man) but my voice is so feminine. Sometimes, I'm not so confident talking with people, especially talking with women. I'm wondering if there is any kind of medicine out there that I can take to improve my voice? I...

Treated Unfairly [ 3 Answers ]

I saw an ad for a roommate and I got the room. After six months, the roommate felt she can afford the rent on her own and wrote me a letter to move out in 30 days. I have never been late with the rent and now it is so hard to get a room and start moving out. She never told me I was there for just...

View more questions Search