Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AD2012 Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2008, 12:19 PM
    Want to get tattoo but concerned about health risks
    I've had this idea for a tattoo for a long time, and just as I was about to get it done, I was telling a friend and he talked me out of it. He said that there was a risk of infection, that you could get blood poisoning, or even hepatitis and other diseases... what should I do?
    purplewings Posts: 145, Reputation: 24

May 2, 2008, 01:06 PM
    There are always risks when you put needles or any foreign substance into your body. I think the risks are minimal if you go to a reputable tattooist. There are certainly many people, male and female, who have very nice tattoos and no problems.

I have no idea what your age is, but I think it's a good idea to also consider how this tattoo will work with the upcoming years of your life. They are very difficult to get removed.

All 4 of my sons have tattoos and the only time there was an infection was when one tried to remove a tattoo in later years. Give it a lot of consideration and if you really want one, and check the credentials of the artist before allowing him to do artwork on you. You may want to speak to one of his previous clients to see the kind of work he does too.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2008, 01:16 PM
    If you do your proper research and pick a clean, reputable shop with an up to date license, your risks for Hepatitis are low. You always want to make sure they are strict about sterilization -- if the atmosphere in the shop is dirty, don't get your tattoo there.

Yes, there is a risk of infection, but think about this : every time you get an open sore on your body, there is a risk for infection. As long as you care for the tattoo properly, like you would any cut or scrape, the tattoo will treat you right. The same concept goes for blood poisoning -- keep the tattoo neat and clean, and blood poisoning should not be a worry.

If you care for your body art, it will care for you. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What are risks of not exercising? [ 5 Answers ]

Everyone keeps saying that I NEED to exercise, but they never tell me why I should or what the risks are of me not exercising on a regular basis... :confused: Help me out here :)

Concerned about his health [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriends liver works to fast and he has too much protein in his urine and his muscles cramp up constantly. What can I do? He refuses to go to the doctor and keep his following appointments. Can his condition get worse?

Concerned about health [ 2 Answers ]

What's wrong with me I only have a cycle twice a year. When it comes it stays for 10 to 12 days

Balance sheet risks [ 1 Answers ]

Can any one give me brief answer for how are balance sheet risks are managed?or can one suggest any good website for financial answers

View more questions Search