Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LouiseH Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2008, 10:42 AM
    Antique full size head and footboard retrofitted/adapted to queen frame and mattress
    I purchased an oak headboard and footboard that is turn of the century and for a full size bed. It came with siderails and slats for the box spring and mattress set. I would like the headboard and footboard, which are each tall and heavy to rest on the floor and be secured to my queen size frame. If the siderails would work in this scenario, all the better!
    Surely there is a simple solution to retrofitting/adaptation, but what is it?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 3, 2008, 03:24 AM
    I don't think that you are going to be able to get the side rails to work in this situation. You've got a full-size head board and foot board. And, you have a queen-size mattress and box springs. Is that correct?

What I'm picturing here is that you would have to retro-fit length-wise, boards that would be underneath your queen-size bed and connected to the headboard and foot board. I don't think that your side rails are going to work in this scenario.

That is my take on this anyhow...

Perhaps someone else will come along with some additional ideas for you.
    Rover88 Posts: 68, Reputation: 14

May 15, 2008, 08:29 PM
    I've been away for a while, so I apologize for the delay in answering. Clough is correct, this won't work. Adapters are made to put a queen or double headboard onto the reverse size bedding, but always ignores the footboard. If you're really determined to have this done, you could have a local woodworker work with you to design new siderails of the proper length, but this would probably necessitate some cross-piece on both the head and foot boards. Be advised, depending on the gross width measurements of your newly acquired pieces, your bedding may extend 3" or more on either side.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need a blazer body for 87-90 full size [ 2 Answers ]

I'm looking for a older blazer body full size blazer it has a 350 motor for a 88-90 mine fell apart

Queen size frame-full size mattress [ 2 Answers ]

I have a full size mattress set and want to know if it can be used with a queen size bed frame? I heard there was a kit that can be used to make it fit.

Full size headboard, Queen size bed Frame [ 2 Answers ]

Where can I buy attachments that will allow me to fasten my full size headboard to my queen size bedframe? I am having a bit of trouble finding one.

Size of dog when full grown [ 2 Answers ]

How big will my dog be when full grown? We have a 4 month old Maltipoo who now weighs 5lb 4oz

Full Size Lawn Tractor? [ 5 Answers ]

I am preparing to purchase a full size lawn tractor. I am trying to find the best full size lawn tractor to do a multitude of jobs in the lawn. Also, I have over an acre of lawn, and many projects such as felling trees, snow removal, moving and grading dirt, finish grading, seeding, aerating,...

View more questions Search