Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AMMoyer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2008, 10:27 AM
    Furnace burner slowly dies out during heat cycle
    Heil NG furnace, forced draft, intermittent ignition, about 10yrs old. It fires fine after a call for heat from t'stat, with all areas of the burner lit. However, after about 10 minutes the burner looks as if only about 25% is lit. I'm not sure if it ever completely dies out. I don't think so because there must be enough of a flame to allow the blower to continue to blow fairly cold air into the house. Is the gas valve slowly closing or is there a sensor going.

All replies are appreciated, even more so by my wife :eek:

Adam
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

May 2, 2008, 10:06 PM
    Could be the valve or the pressure regulator in the valve that is causing this problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Amana Gas Dryer won't heat on heat cycle [ 2 Answers ]

I have an Amana gas dryer about 10 years old. The dryer will heat and the timer will advance on the timer cycle but it will not heat on the heat/more heat cycle. I have cleaned the lint vent entirely. I can see the ignitor get red hot and then ignites the gas on the timed setting. I am not sure...

Switch from electric to propane when heat pump dies? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 20 year old Day & Night heat pump. When the time comes to have it replaced, I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to get a propane model, and replace my water heater & stove with propane models as well? I currently do not have a propane tank, so I know there would be some cost involved....

Hunter 44155C Wiring - A/C turns on during heat cycle or heat will not shut off [ 0 Answers ]

Trying this again with the correct thermostat specs. Sorry, guys! It's a Hunter 44155C and the wires I have going into it are: White - W/B Red - Rh Green - G Yellow - Y1 Jumper from Rh-Rc

Burner does not fire up when heat turned on [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Lennox Furnace, when you switch on the thermostat to heat and adjust the temp. accordingly, the burner does not ignite. Pilot flame is working, fan works. But no flame on the burner. Here is how the thermostat is wired (Is it right? ) RC- blue wire, G- black wire Y- red wire W-...

Heat/furnace won't cycle [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Central A/C & Heat Unit on my roof, it is about 18 years old. The A/C works fine. I have a prof replace the ignitor last year and it gets a little better. However, I noticed that the heat still have problem whenever it started continually running for more than 20 or 30 minutes, then...

View more questions Search