Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ang102863 Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2008, 08:00 AM
    Pysanky egg art
    I am trying to learn pysanky egg art, the problem I am having is when I mess up on a color, I would like to know how to correct this mistake,
    I read to spray fantastic or 409 on the egg rinse, dry, wait 30 minutes and redye where I left off, I tried this and the egg would not take the dye, and what it did take , once you patted it dry it all came off and had a rough ugly finsih..

Does anyone have any tips on how to correct this mistake I have made?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 2, 2008, 04:26 PM
    We do have a person on this site who is quite excellent with decorating eggs, and that would be jrebel7. I don't know if she is used to the Pysanky way of doing it. But, I do think that she would be able to give you some pointers.

I will let her know about your post.
    jrebel7 Posts: 1,255, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2008, 10:12 PM
    Ang, below is a link to a demo of how to dye the eggs after applying wax. This demo does not answer directly your question but when going back to the home page, there are several links that may provide answers. There are phone numbers and addresses that might help in answering your questions regarding the pysanky egg art.

The Pysanky Egg Art is indeed an interesting endeavor. Let us know how they turn out for you. Please post some images of your work.

pysanky demo

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search