Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jammy23 Posts: 545, Reputation: 0

May 2, 2008, 07:49 AM
    Census Bureau
    I'm always a skeptic. I received a full questionnaire from the Census Bureau in
    Jeffersonville, Ind. They want a lot of personal information. Can this be a scam?
    Must I fill it out?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

May 4, 2008, 03:58 PM
    And we have a winner. It seems that you won the prize this year. If you do not fill out the entire form you will have a personal visit from the Census police er Bureau. You must fill the thing out and send it back. It's all part of the New World Order.
    jammy23 Posts: 545, Reputation: 0

May 4, 2008, 04:39 PM
    The previous answer was clever... but didn't answer my question.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 4, 2008, 04:45 PM
    Certainly you can find a phone number somewhere (phone book? Google?) to check it out. Or call your local public library's reference desk to ask for more information about it.

I'm sure, if you throw it away, it won't be the only one thrown away. I thought census takers knocked on your door. The sender might be wanting more info about you than anyone should know.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 4, 2008, 04:46 PM
    Check out Census Bureau Home Page
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 4, 2008, 06:38 PM
    You are required ( if this is a real one) to return it, I will never give even the federal government any personal info,
    Beyond how many people are living in the home, I leave all the other items either blank or NA. We are required to return it and let them know how many people, beyond that, they can not legally require the other info.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 5, 2008, 05:58 AM
    Check out that web site, there is a lot of good info there including how to tell if the survey is legitimate or not, how your data is protected and this page:

Are You In a Survey?: Am I required to participate in this household survey?

On the required aspects.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 5, 2008, 07:16 AM
    What State are you in ? The Census Bureau has been running test counts in 2 States ;California and North Carolina.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 5, 2008, 10:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55
    What State are you in ? The Census Bureau has been running test counts in 2 States ;California and North Carolina.
    He said Indiana in the question.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 5, 2008, 10:46 AM
    Nope ;the Census Bureau processing center is in Jeffersonville Ind.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

May 7, 2008, 12:27 PM
    Check the return address if it is the census bureau you should be able to find the address in their information on their site. Also their site should tell you if they are doing any census in your area at this time. They do the 10 year census and they do a agricultural type census sometimes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for person in the 1930 census [ 15 Answers ]

I was able to find family in 1920 census with no trouble in the library. But I Can seem to find the other members of the family in the 1930 census

Credit bureau [ 2 Answers ]

I notice on my credit reports banks that have sent me credit cards That I have sent back. Appears as active account. Should that be corrected. I have paid off credit card account and closed them out. The Bureau has them marked as closed. Yet others are marked paid and closed Should this be...

1930 Census and Native Americans [ 1 Answers ]

How was the amount of Native American blood deceided on in the 1930 census?

1930 census [ 4 Answers ]

How do I get acess to census website from 1600 to date

Credit bureau monitoring [ 1 Answers ]

There is none to my knowledge. If you give me your state, I can tell you which bureau is focused on. In CO, its Experian. In my, it is TransUnion. The best I have seen is the ID Theft Shield. I have never seen a comprehensive program that covers a WHOLE HOUSEHOLD for $9.95 a month...

View more questions Search