Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PossibleM Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2008, 07:42 AM
    Cleaning ancient coins?
    I have ancient roman coins from AD and BC. I need to know the proper way to clean them with out ruining them?? O yea and they are bronze but, they have a lot of build up on them.
    Da Bigchamp Posts: 360, Reputation: 18

May 7, 2008, 11:36 AM
    I found this site a couple weeks ago when I discovered a roman coin in my attic. Hope it helps.

Ancient Coin Cleaning And Restoration: Cleaning Ancient Coins Using Various Methods
    Xrayman Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 193
    Ultra Member

May 8, 2008, 07:22 PM
    I thought you don't clean them...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 8, 2008, 08:46 PM
    Ultra sonic cleaners work fairly well.
    Da Bigchamp Posts: 360, Reputation: 18

May 9, 2008, 01:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Xrayman
    I thought you don't clean them...
    Sometimes you don't clean them, but when the dirt and rust is so much that you can't see the details of the coin you need to clean it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Coins [ 3 Answers ]

I wanted to see if anyone could tell me how much, a 1999 Pennsylvania quarter with a S mint is worth, also I would like to no how much a dime that was made in 1912 is worth? I have a tape , a hunting tape, that has dale earnhardt on it, he gets a big deer could someone tell me what it may be...

Ancient civilizations [ 1 Answers ]

Why were the early chinese unaware of other ancient civilizations in egypt mesopotamia and india? Can you describe three actions the emperor Shi Huangdi took to unite china. Why did the han dynasty promote the ideas of confucius?

About value of old coins [ 5 Answers ]

what is the value of 1916 dime?

Old Coins [ 4 Answers ]

I went to a garage sale today and purchased 4 coins, three of them are US three cent pieces with dates of- " 1865, 1867, 1870,". They are in an old cardboard & cellophane holder. The other coin that I purchased is an old replica 1776 coin from colonial america, the package that it is in seems...

Coins [ 1 Answers ]

I found a chinese coin in which it says ten dollars. It looks like it's made of nickel and it has a copper center. It also says hong kong on the bottom. 1994 is the year and chinese letters on the top. How much is it worth and can I exchange it at the foreign currency place.

View more questions Search