Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 19, 2006, 08:52 PM
    Seton Home Study School
    This is a Catholic Home School course. I am trying to find out as much about them as can. I have went over almost every line on every page on their site and all of the links.

I am trying to find someone that has perhaps had experience with them or know people that have used them.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2006, 04:20 AM
    No experience and I don't know anyone either... but I did browse some of the reviews, here. Seemed like legit 3rd party opinions and info that you might find helpful.
    Expert

Feb 21, 2006, 08:40 AM
    Oh yes, they are an acredited Catholic home school, I checked them out from the Church. I found after looking many people who took the course work. There are actually several in our local Catholic Parish that use it.

No private Catholic school in the area, many of our local Catholic parish members talke their kids to the Lutheran School about 20 miles north of us. ( Lutherans and Catholic have very similar teachings)

I also posted on several other forums I belong to. Religious and Catholic forums. I have gotten many replies and all good, the only negative comment so far is that they are very scheduled. Many home school people like a more flexable school program ( from what I am told)

Thanks
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2006, 10:23 AM
    Actually Fr Chuck, the name sounds familiar to me. I think the nuns at my boarding school may have used it or at least endorsed it. If that's the case, it's probably fairly widespread, as I'm in Canada and so are "my" nuns. :) So I don't know, hopefully that might be a little helpful to you, to know that it's used all over, and in a Catholic boarding as well.
    Expert

Feb 21, 2006, 01:09 PM
    Yes it is used if many places I am finding out. As is other programs though other groups and schools ( don't want to do others a dis-servcie)

I guess what happens, they manage the training ( schooling and even give daily assignments) Each state has its own requirements for anyone not going to a public school, but basically anyone inrolled is basically consideered a satilite group of the main school body.

Don't know how the nuns can hit you with their ruler over the internet but I know they have figured a way out. Even as a priest I get a little scared when I meet the older nuns in their habit. Really the nicest people you ever want to know but as a somewhat energic young boy they can sure bring the fear of God to you.
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2006, 04:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    Don't know how the nuns can hit you with their ruler over the internet but I know they have figured a way out. Even as a priest I get alittle scared when I meet the older nuns in thier habit. Really the nicest people you ever want to know but as a somewhat energic young boy they can sure bring the fear of God to you.
    Haha, yeah they can be scary, but I really like my nuns actually. I guess it's because they were there for me when I was a teenager and gave me a good education and a nice stable home invironment. I had a LOT of fun times at that school. I shudder to think how I would have turned out without their influence...
    CROWLEYMOM Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2007, 06:54 PM
    I used Seton for my daughter when she was unable to start school because of on injury. She returned to school full time in December. I am now considering taking both of my daughters out of school and keeping my youngest daughter home next school year and using Seton again. I really liked the way our faith was included in all lessons and every subject. Because I am a certified teacher, I have the ability to build on the lessons when necessary. My children currently attend a Catholic school which unfortunately uses only secular textbooks.
    sdfghj Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2007, 11:24 AM
    I'm in it right now and its not very fun the religion is impossible and only accepts 100% on some tests and don't put them in homeschool to loneyl :*( going to homeschool pretty much ruined my life don't put your kids in it whatever u do
    DCTraveler Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2008, 01:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sdfghj View Post
    im in it right now and its not very fun the religion is impossible and only accepts 100% on some tests and dont put them in homeschool to loneyl :*( going to homeschool pretty much ruined my life dont put your kids in it whatever u do

Anyone looking to homeschool their kids please please don't limit yourself to only doing things at home. You end up with children like the above poster who is miserable.

We have coops and sports and other things we can do with our kids, just takes time. I make sure my son gets out and socializes all the time so that he doesn't get lonely.

Our purpose in homeschooling is to learn not to limit...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

High School Study Abroad Programs [ 15 Answers ]

I'm searching for a good high school study abroad program. I'm looking for programs that: 1. Have academic year AND semester programs(or at least academic year) 2. Are around or under $10,000. 3. Have excellent credentials. 4. Offer programs in England. Pretty basic stuff, I know. I've...

Working on school website from home [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm new to this, so I hope this isn't a stupid question! I'm going to be working on the website for the school where I work. Is it possible to access the site to work on it from home, or is it something that has to be done from the same computer at all times? I'll be using FrontPage, which...

Case Study [ 2 Answers ]

What are the main challenges while conducting a Case Study?

Study help [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know any good methods of studying for Science? ( like earth science ) I really need to get my grades up. Thanks for the help. :cool:

Bible study [ 6 Answers ]

(2) What great zeal and self denial does Nehemiah, his brethren, his servants and the men of the guard which followed him show?

View more questions Search