Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    meangene59 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2006, 07:15 PM
    Baseboard heater help
    I have to replace a missing baseboard heater 110 volt 1500 watt all I can find at home depot Lowe's etc is 220 volt can I use one of those hooked to 110 I do understand the output would be lower but actually don't need that much heat in that room anyway
    Thanks
    Gene
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Feb 19, 2006, 07:20 PM
    The unit may get warm with 120 volt, not enough to heat the space. You may need to order one from a real electrical supply house, check before going many do not sell to the general public, wholesale only. Grainger may have them also.

HD only keeps in stock what is very common. Ask, they may be able to order a 240 heater for you.
    meangene59 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2006, 07:29 PM
    Thank you that's wha I thought I also have a 5kw heater in another room and this is a small one bedroom apt. with also 1500 watt bathroom heater adjacent so I may not need the added heat what happened was someone moved out took all aluminun and copper out of unit what a world huh anyway it is 10th floor and hot anyway just need some added heat
    Thanks again

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Baseboard heater wiring circuit [ 6 Answers ]

I just finished intaling a baseboard heater and I have a question that has been nagging me. The heater is on 240 circuit. So, I ran 12/2 and used the black and white to run my two hot wires as is common practice. Please excuse my ignorance on this matter, but this got me wondering. I have...

Electrical baseboard heater [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I am installing two baseboard heaters in an additionn (two separate rooms). I will be running new wire and putting them on the same circuit. The heaters will be 48" 240V rated at 1000 Watts (4.2 amps). My qestions: -What size wire should I use (12/3, 10/3, etc.)? -What should the amp...

Baseboard heaters [ 12 Answers ]

Hi all.. New to the forum.. Thanks in advance for any help.. I am trying to set up new baseboard heating in my basement.. My questions are to what size breakers to use and if I can put it all on one circuit.. I want to set up 3 rooms: Room 1 - 2 1000 watt heaters Room 2 & 3 - 1 1500 watt...

Baseboard Heating Suggestions [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I am ripping and replacing our second bathroom. It has an old style radiator. I have seen radiators that are real small that have electric fans... Has anyone heard of thee devices ? Does anyone have any ideas on what styles are available...

Baseboard heat question [ 12 Answers ]

I've roughed in wiring to install 2 baseboard heaters in a room in my basement.I want to make sure that I got it right.I ran 12/2 wire from the panel to the wall thermostat box,then a separate 12/2 line out to each heater location.I want to use one 1000w heater and one 1500w heater and put them on...

View more questions Search