Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chefjerome Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2008, 08:50 PM
    30-day notice
    I gave a 30-day notice my question is do I have to pay anything during this time
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 2, 2008, 04:35 PM
    I assume you are talking about a leased property, right? Well you continue to pay rent for the final month plus whatever utilities you always paid. Was this a month to month lease or what, a 30 day notice can not break a longer lease.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 2, 2008, 04:40 PM
    Yes, unless you paid first and last month rent when you moved in.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 2, 2008, 04:46 PM
    Great point Fr, hadn't thought of that option. Maybe Chef can answer that when he returns.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Received a 60 day notice to vacate - do I need to give a 30 day notice? [ 8 Answers ]

Hello! The rental property is in cupertino, California. I received a 60 day notice to vacate as the new owner wants to remodel the property. As I have a house that I had bought and was also renting this unit I would like to vacate within 15 days and move all my stuff? Question - Am I...

How do I get him to notice me? [ 4 Answers ]

hi, me again ^-^ OK, I have a crush on this guy that is two school years higher than me making him nearly 17 OK I ma 14,he's a senior and I am a junoir in school, OK I only know him because my friends know him, and he passes by me on his motorbike and he plays basket ball with me ad my mates at...

No notice entry/ re-rent / notice [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I signed a year lease three months ago. We are currently living in Tennesee. The lease is 20 pages in length with numerous addendums etc. etc. It appears "iron clad". I have two questions, if you answer please consider the state I live in with your reply. 1. The maintenance...

72 hr notice [ 5 Answers ]

I went to court with my land lord not because I owed her money but instead because of personal reasons and disagreements she wanted me out. I had agreed before the judge that I would try to be out by 5/25. I informed my land lord on 5/23 that I still have not found a place and needed more time. She...

Eviction notice or quit notice [ 1 Answers ]

I've been living in this house for 46 years with my mother, sister and brother. My beloved uncle decided to take over the house because the house needed repairs. He was approved for a second mortgage. Unforunatelly he passed away. My aunt became exceutive of his estate or so she claimed, Any...

View more questions Search