Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Toluca_86 Posts: 114, Reputation: 11

May 1, 2008, 08:25 PM
    Have you ever used hotornot.com?
    From going through the pics on this site, I feel like where the females are concerned, the majority of people vote them high if they are blonde and have cleavage/big boobs. A round face also seems good.

Some of the high-rated pics (above 9) are really fuzzy and the women might not be considered that good looking by a lot of people in life, or they are pretty but might be overweight.

Some of the ones I think are more attractive in a "real" way, especially if they looked a little "unique" or "different," aren't rated all that high (like 7 or 8).

I speculate maybe most voters are young teenage boys.

I feel like there could maybe be interetsing cultural commentary based on this site. Thoughts?

I'm just curious what you think -any comments on the site and what it's ratings reflect/ what they mean are welcome.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 1, 2008, 08:29 PM
    They mean nothing, it merely treats women like some livestock to be judged. I do not understand why any women would lower thierself to such display.
    Toluca_86 Posts: 114, Reputation: 11

May 1, 2008, 08:36 PM
    Fr_Chuck,

If it's any consolence, at least in the abstract I agree with you. However... at the same time this other part of me find the whole concept sort of fascinating... Also for the record, there's also a section for rating men. So men are also treated like "livestock" as you phrase it...
    mackythehacker Posts: 191, Reputation: 10

Aug 2, 2008, 02:37 PM
    I have never used hot or not... lol because I know that I would be in the not section lmao
    andrewc24301 Posts: 374, Reputation: 29

Dec 28, 2008, 09:07 PM

Some people like being lined up like beef cuts on a grociers shelf.

Do I understand it? No. My wife tried that once, but then again, we tend to be polar opposites.

It's like the saying goes... "it doesn't matter how attractive the woman, somewhere there is a man who's had enough of her _____."
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

May 2, 2009, 02:25 AM

I've had a look at it... never voted on it though it's stupid..

An affiliate of that is ratemypoo.com if that tells you anything about the people who run it :rolleyes:
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Aug 28, 2009, 12:49 PM

I did when I was a teen, cause I cared what other people thought...
    sergie Posts: 149, Reputation: 15
    -

Oct 1, 2009, 07:06 PM

I think none of them were hot!! I was laughing all the time while looking at those pics! Folks, don't lower yourself esteem looking or posting at those pics, you are best off the net!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search