Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Margenes Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2008, 07:28 PM
    Contractors Bond in State of Alabama
    Getting a Contractor Bond in State of Alabama, where do I start? With an Insurance Co
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 1, 2008, 07:42 PM
    Surety Bond Approvals in "24 Hours" Good or Bad Credit
    RichardBondMan Posts: 832, Reputation: 66

May 23, 2008, 07:24 PM
    There are many "contractors" bonds required by different cities, towns, counties in Alabama perhaps one or two required by the State of AL. If for example you wish to perform contracting services in the City of Mobile, that obligee (City of Mobile) requires a $10,000 license bond. The usual cost is $100. Per year or $250. For 3 years. There is no underwriting required by most sureties (insurance companies) and therefore, this particular bond normally is "freely" written by most sureties... i.e. no credit check, no balance sheet nor income statements required and normally no indemnity agreement (promise to pay back surety with atty fees if principal (you) default on the bond... there is common right to pursue the principal even without a signed application (indemnity agreement), however without a signed applicaton, the surety cannot persure you (the principal) normally successfully for atty fees. Now the State of AL requires a surety bond of all HVAC contractors and the same rules apply except this particular bond is more hazardous to the surety therefore, you will encounter more underwriting or more qualifications required by the surety... if you can tell us what city or what specific bond is required of you, I can give you a more specific answer.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 24, 2008, 03:50 AM
    Well stated above, RichardBondMan! To put it simply, it would be helpful if an original poster, such as Margenes, would be a little more specific in their question as to what they mean concerning what they want.
    stevenson124 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2011, 02:21 PM
    My bonding agency of choice is www.jwsuretybonds.com - they have top-notch customer service and their agents are always friendly and informative!
    stevenson124 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2011, 02:28 PM
    Here is the direct link to their site to contact their <a href=”http://www.jwsuretybonds.com/surety-bonds/commercial-bonds/”>bonding agents.</a>

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Amide bond (peptide bond) [ 3 Answers ]

hello ever1 I don't know much about chemistry, so hlp me with this is amide bond (peptide bond), balanced chemical equation?

Per Diem for Contractors [ 2 Answers ]

I have an opportunity to do some contract work (non-government related) and have a question about per diem rates. I looked up the GSA website the per diem rate for the area and it shows $138/day. I have asked the company I would be contracting with and they indicate they pay $22/day per diem. Since...

For All you Contractors Out There [ 9 Answers ]

I got 2 estimates to do work on home.. I live in upstate NY approx.1/2hr west from Albany.. here is what they sent me ESTIMATE #1 Remove old asphalt siding Install R-Max 1/2" insulation(unable to blow in insulation) Install D-4 Dutchlap vinyl siding(GENTEK) Soffits and fascia included...

View more questions Search