Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    milbst Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2008, 10:42 AM
    Adhesive for tile over sheet vinyl
    What is the difference between mastic and thinset adhesive and which should be used when installing ceramic tile over sheet vinyl floorcovering?
    robkelly2242 Posts: 57, Reputation: 0

May 8, 2008, 08:32 PM
    Use epoxy

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Removing black adhesive from floor before installing new vinyl tile [ 6 Answers ]

I have a bathroom (at the church I belong to) that has a hard type of vinyl tile in it. A toilet has overflowed 2 times in the past and flooded the floor. As a result, a lot of the tile has come loose. I have the replacement VINYL tile, but need to know how to continue. Under the tile is black...

Ceramic tile over self adhesive vinyl tile work? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a small bathroom with self-adhesive vinyl tile on the floor. Can I put ceramic tile over this vinyl tile?

Tile adhesive will not dry [ 1 Answers ]

Have installed 12x24 inch porcelain tiles in our kitchen on top of old tiles. Used a premixed tile adhesive (which a friend used in his kitchen on top of old tile with no problem). After 5 days it has not dried fully (only dried in a few spots). Will it dry eventually or do I have to start over?

Stick-down tile adhesive removal [ 2 Answers ]

I have an apartment where I put down vinyl composition tiles (1/8" VCT). The tenant covered about 125 square feet of it with stick-down tile. It's a lot of work, but the stick-down tiles can be removed one-by-one with a heat gun. The problem is, how do I remove the adhesive that remains on the...

Ceiling tile adhesive [ 2 Answers ]

What type of adhesive should be used when installing 4" tile squares to the ceiling of a small, 32" x 32" shower stall. The substrate is cement board. Thanks for the assist! Jay Lorenco

View more questions Search