Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joshua_sar Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2008, 08:09 AM
    Friendster
    Its been 2 weeks no since friendster here in our shop is getting error and cause a big income since it is the most visited site.

Some pictures don't appear and marked with "x". Ive ask other users in other location, theirs is doing fine.

Ive clear the cache, temp files, tried other browser but still..
    Other websites are fine. Even the connection is fine because I tried it even at 2:am in the evening for me to check.

Ive used {deleted reference} and try to log in friensdter, pictures are fine, no more missing its only for viewing, browsing, you cannot comment, customize, add friend etc.

{moved from Forum Help-<>}
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 1, 2008, 08:30 AM
    This is unclear, it appears you are trying get around restrictions on what websites you can visit through your company's LAN. If so, we cannot and will not help with that. Your company owns the equipment and the connection. They are entitled to restrict access. To try an get around those restrictions could get you fired and it would be unethical for us to help.

May 2, 2008, 06:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    This is unclear, it appears you are trying get around restrictions on what websites you can visit through your company's LAN. If so, we cannot and will not help with that. Your company owns the equipment and the connection. They are entitled to restrict access. To try an get around those restrictions could get you fired and it would be unethical for us to help.

Hello sir, sorry for its not so clear on your part. I own this internet café compose of only 8 units, the most visited site is the Friendster site, now I am getting to lost income because of having problem with friendster.

Ive contact our ISP they said it's the Site itself who has tha problem, than I ve contact Friendster Site they say its our Internet Provider.

I am just wondering why other shops can access friendster normally, mine do not.
    I can log in but has some problem, others pictures don't come out.

If its on the Friendster site, why others customers of them can view it normally.

Just happen 2 weeks until now.

PLease advise. Tnx

May 2, 2008, 06:11 AM
    Ahh, OK that makes a difference. The only thing I would do is check your systems for viruses and your proxies to see if anything might be causing these blocks. Try hooking a PC directly to your broadband access, bypassing any routers or servers you have. See if the problems still exist. If you can pinpoint where the problems are coming from, that's the first step in getting it fixed.

On a side note. As noted you first posted this in Forum Help. This means you had to scroll past all the other forums, including the Computer forum and ignore a Read Me First warning message about the use of Forum Help. You are not the only one who has done this, but I'm curious as to why you did. Maybe if we can understand why people do that we can improve the site so they don't.

May 2, 2008, 07:02 AM
    Sorry Sir for not being so curious about your rules in this forum for I am now confused what to do with this problem.

Ill follow your good advice, I will keep you post. Many thanks

May 2, 2008, 07:15 AM
    So, if I understand you, you just basically weren't concerned about the proper way to use this forum. But I'm wondering what you thought of when seeing the list of forums? Didn't it occur to you to look for a forum appropriate to your question. Again, I'm just trying to understand.

May 2, 2008, 11:37 AM
    So, if I understand you, you just basically weren't concerned about the proper way to use this forum. But I'm wondering what you thought of when seeing the list of forums? Didn't it occur to you to look for a forum appropriate to your question. Again, I'm just trying to understand.
    Again Sir my mistake, my apology. If you you allow me I would like to get back to what you advice to me regarding the Site problem.

I connected directly into a single PC only without the router the broadband access, surprisingly, it turns out to be fine. When I connected it into the router, same problem happens on the same computer that I used.

I even called up to our Customer service, they said it is block by the router, but I have been using this set up for almost 2 years now and its doing fine only this past weeks.

Sir, Do you have an idea how to fix this problem?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

May 2, 2008, 11:45 AM
    Which router did they say is blocking it, yours or theirs?

May 2, 2008, 11:48 AM
    They said its mine.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

May 2, 2008, 11:51 AM
    Have you gone into your router's configuration to see if that is true?

May 2, 2008, 11:52 AM
    Just wondering , if its block the router? Why I can log in and access Friendster site but only with error that others don't have.

May 2, 2008, 11:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    Have you gone into your router's configuration to see if that is true?

No sir, and one thing more, I haven't tried to reconfigured my router since day 1 of my computer business since it has no error for so long. Only now. For just one site

May 2, 2008, 12:03 PM
    Hi I will be back later, its already 3:am here, just check if I am lucky to have fix it.
    Please just leave your comments, be back the sooner.

Thanks and Bye for now

May 2, 2008, 12:27 PM
    Did you ever configure the router? If not, you might want to reset it. Its possible that someone else reconfigured it (do you have a password on the router setup?).

May 2, 2008, 08:03 PM
    Did you ever configure the router? If not, you might want to reset it. Its possible that someone else reconfigured it (do you have a password onthe router setup?).

Good day sir,

I don't know how to configure the router sir (For someone did it for me and now he's abroad). Can you teach me how? Is it easy?

May 3, 2008, 06:14 PM
    You need to check the manual for your router, eacjh one has its own configuration process and properties.

May 3, 2008, 07:32 PM
    You need to check the manual for your router, eacjh one has its own configuration process and properties.

Thank you very much sir. I'll keep you post to what will be the result.

May 4, 2008, 09:59 AM
    Did you ever configure the router? If not, you might want to reset it. Its possible that someone else reconfigured it (do you have a password onthe router setup?).

Hi again Sir, I did reset the router and configure it again, I even get an error at first but thanks to kind online help like this one I successfully configured it, but unfortunately, same problem occur with friendster site. I don't know why.

Any idea from you will be much appreciated.

May 5, 2008, 06:36 AM
    Is it possible, the firmware update?

May 5, 2008, 06:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua_sar
    is it possible, the firmware update?
    Could be. Did you do an update or not?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unblocking friendster website [ 3 Answers ]

Hi! I would like to know if anyone could help me unblock friendster. My sister frequently visits goes on the net to research materials for her school works, however I've observed that she gets little done because instead of doing her research she frequents the friendster website, that's why I've...

View more questions Search