Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 1, 2008, 12:44 AM
    Safe Site to Download Ability for Computer to Read Chinese Characters
    I do hope that this is the correct topic area where I should be asking something like this.

Whenever I go to a site, or even on this site, where Chinese characters are displayed as a font(?), my present computer is unable to display them. I just get those little boxes instead of the characters. Where is a safe site to download the ability for my computer to be able to display them?

On other sites than this one, I do get the little box that appears asking me whether I want to download something in order to have them displayed. However, I don't know the origin of that box or whether I should trust downloading anything via it or not.

Thanks!
    Uber Member

May 5, 2008, 04:16 AM
    Anyone got an answer, please? I would really like to be sure and know that what I am downloading is safe. Thanks!
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 5, 2008, 04:58 AM
    This should cover it: http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/h...pintlsupp.mspx
    cleanfun Posts: 26, Reputation: 10

May 5, 2008, 05:07 AM
    If you use Google as a search engine, there is usually a link that says Translate for all sites written in another language. Google will do all the translating for you.
    Uber Member

May 5, 2008, 05:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanfun
    If you use Google as a search engine, there is usually a link that says Translate for all sites written in another language. Google will do all the translating for you.
    I do know that. And, I'm not talking so much about the translation, but the displaying of the characters. In all due respect, even if I do have Google translate things, it doesn't mean that my computer will read and display the characters as being Chinese. I will check out the link that Curlyben has provided. Thank you!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Site address download song [ 1 Answers ]

Can any body give me site address from where I can download onl - middle - new movie song .

Download site suggestions [ 1 Answers ]

Due to the rules on this site.. I am erasing this question, I don't want to cause any problems.. thank you for all your help:) I wasn't sure if I could ask the question or not..

Does anybody know a site to download music for free. [ 1 Answers ]

Does anybody know a site to download music for free. I mean absolutely free no sign up fees and no per song fees. If anyone does please let me know because it will be a great help ;)

View more questions Search