Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    simplicity4313 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2008, 05:46 PM
    New electric water heater low hot water pressure
    I just replaced an old electric hot water heater, roughly 10+ years old, with a new one. This was done in the early am, before noon. It is now evening, after 6pm EST. and I've noticed two things. 1) My hot water pressure is now low in all of my faucets, but the cold water is fine. 2) The water is still not hot... not even luke warm. A small section of pipe, less than a yard had to be replaced. It was leaking and once it was removed, we discovered it clogged completely. Could there be a build up of sediment in the pipes (lead), that may have moved, causing the low pressure? Hot water pressure was fine, although not as strong as the cold, before pipe was replaced. Not sure why water temp is not hot either. Is there something that I can do to correct these issues?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 30, 2008, 06:48 PM
    Could there be a build up of sediment in the pipes (lead), that may have moved, causing the low pressure?
    BINGO! I think you called it. The mineral build in the pipes broke off and is now throughout your system clogging the hot water inlet ports and seats of your faucets.
    Is there something that I can do to correct these issues?
    Yes but it's going to be a hassle. All the faucets affected will have to be opened and the inlet ports checked and cleaned ,plus turing on the hot water to flush out the supplies and open valve bodybefore reassenbling the valve. If you have a 3/4" hot water main then that should be flushed as well. Sorry I couldn't be more up beat but I don't see any other options. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low hot water pressure through the whole house even ater replacing water heater [ 2 Answers ]

I'm still experiencing low hot water pressure even after replacing the water heater. When you first turn on the faucets the pressure will be fine but within a few seconds it drops again.

Surging water pressure & leaking water heater relief valve [ 19 Answers ]

Just recently the pressure of our water in the house surges when we turn a faucet on, and the city water company verified that our pressure in the house when we open a faucet is higher than the pressure in the lines in the street, and after the water runs is at a normal pressure (meaning their...

Gas water heater pressure release valve leaking water [ 14 Answers ]

Hello all, I have a slight issue with my gas water heater. It's a AO Smith 32.75 gallon type. All of a sudden, water is coming out of the relief valve pipe. I have placed a coffee can there, and I have to empty it out every few hours now. Im not sure where to turn for this one, as I have...

Replaced electric water heater Atlanta area, but no hot water [ 14 Answers ]

The old water heater died. Bot one (38 gals) at HD. Installed exactly like the old one was as follows--3 CPVC pipes come out of wall. Two are joined. Before they are joined one has a valve. After they are joined there is a second valve. The pipe is connected to the cold side of the heater using...

Reduced water pressure after installation of new water heater (entire house) [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, We just had a new water heater installed yesterday and the water pressure seems to be reduced (probably 85-90%) of the prior level, through out the entire house. Our old water heater started to leak yesterday AM, had the new one installed that afternoon (40 gallon, 9 year wty, gas: GE...

View more questions Search