Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tf2430680 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2008, 03:24 PM
    Putative Father's rights law
    Does Georgia have the Putative Father's Rights registry? I am a mother of a child wanting to find out if there is anything I can do to protect myself and child from the biological father. So far he hasn't showed much interest in the child but for future help I was wondering what I could do.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 30, 2008, 04:21 PM
    No, in Georiga the bio father may come back at anytime to request a DNA test and be declared the father..

*** for those that do not know a putative father is one that had a child with a women and they were not married, he is not on the birth certificate and has not yet requested any rights or asked for a DNA test yet.

Of course the mother also have the right to demand the DNA test, require child support and show the court reasons to limit or deny visits, or require visits to be supervised.

And what are you going to protect yourself FROM>>> if there is enough grounds you could go to have his rights taken away, but to do that you have to prove he has rights first

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Putative Father's rights [ 8 Answers ]

What does it take for a putative father to have his name added to a child's birth certificate 3 years after the birth? Father has been absent the entire time.

A father's rights [ 8 Answers ]

I have a 3 year old granddaughter who has a mother who is totally out in left field. She is 24 and has 4 children under the age of 5. My granddaughter is child number 3. The father of the first two is currently incarcerated as a sex offender, and the father of the last is unknown. The mother is...

Father's rights [ 3 Answers ]

In 1994 my divorce was final and my daughter was 16 months old. Today she is 14. The past 7 years have been the worse for her dealing with her father. Once he went 2 years without talking to her, drug me to court, and won some visitation again. My daughter went into it with an open mind and open...

Father's Rights? [ 7 Answers ]

Does a father have any right if a woman wants to have an unplanned pregancy? Can she demand anything from him if he does not want to participate?

View more questions Search