Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    promisedland Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2008, 01:37 PM
    Adverse Possession
    My family is using Adverse Possession to obtain a piece of property, after a year we are informed that we have to leave the property by 5/4/08 or be arrested for trespassing. Can we be arrested??
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 30, 2008, 05:39 PM
    Yes if they say you are trespassing then you can be arrested.
    To do adverse possession you can not have anybody protest your being there.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 30, 2008, 05:53 PM
    First of course as you found out, adverse prossession is seldom allowed, the rules are sto stict as to what is required,

So we will not rekindle that since you have found that out.

But yes, if the court has ordered you off by a certain date you can be arrested, normally what they do is come out like in an eviction and have you leave the property and sit your belongings to the curb.

Then if you return they arrest you for criminal tresspass. BUT>>>> since you have had a formal warning yes they can arrest you if you are not out

And since you tried to take ownership from them, I am sure they will push the police to the full extent of the law.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 1, 2008, 05:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by promisedland
    My family is using Adverse Possesion to obtain a piece of property, after a year we are informed that we have to leave the property by 5/4/08 or be arrested for trespassing. Can we be arrested???
    In a word - yes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adverse possession [ 3 Answers ]

We moved into West Long Branch, NJ 1.5 years ago. The house was purchased from the children of the previous owner, who was deceased. It was November. The title search that was done when we bought the house was clean and showed no claims for easements. In the spring I was cleaning the front...

Adverse possession [ 1 Answers ]

We moved into West Long Branch 1.5 years ago. It was November. I noticed he was cutting through the front (side) of my yard and I put up a makeshift fence (tomato cages). In the spring I was cleaning the front side yard, trimming the bushes, when my neighbor came over and told me that those were...

Simple possession [ 2 Answers ]

Yes sir, my vehicle was searched while I was inside of a barberhop without my consent when I walked out they ask me was it my vehicle I said yes so they ask me for id then they ask me was that my marijauna in the car I asked them what marijauna. They asked me to turn around and place my hands...

Adverse possession [ 9 Answers ]

We purchased a property four years ago from a cousin's estate. On having it surveyed we found That a thirty by forty foot piece of one of the back corners was not part of the property, but it had been occupied and maintained by the owner's family for over fifty years. They had planted shrubs And...

Business possession [ 2 Answers ]

We have a small business and have been building some products for a customer for 6 years . We have found ourselves unable to continue building the product and have offered to sell the customer the molds, which were given to my husband in lieu of payment by his ex boss before that business went into...

View more questions Search