Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bluehazel1953 Posts: 74, Reputation: 8

Apr 30, 2008, 12:28 PM
    Lost Scanner Camera Wizard
    Hiya All
    Tried to transfer some photos today, lost the Scanner Camera Wizard. Have not altered anything. Win XP Home. Have Googled it and tried the Autoplay Repair Wizard but no joy, I don't have Real Player. Tried a system restore too. I did get "The computer cannot detect the scanner or camera. Please make sure the device is turned on" My camera card (in card reader) is recognised as a removable drive and I can still transfer the photos, but why have I lost the Wizard? DavidB
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Apr 30, 2008, 12:46 PM
    View PC Answers Windows XP Scanner and Camera Wizard Complete Guide under the fixing problems section as it discusses some things to check beyond what you've already tried.

Apr 30, 2008, 02:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Scleros
    View PC Answers Windows XP Scanner and Camera Wizard Complete Guide under the fixing problems section as it discusses some things to check beyond what you've already tried.
    Thanks for that Scleros. Have been into the registry twice, but all is as it shoud be. I can get my photos opening the drive and copying them etc. Everything else works Ok in the autoplay apart from copy to a folder on my computer. Strange. Thanks again. DavidB.

May 1, 2008, 05:29 AM
    :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scleros
    After Autoplay Repair Wizard, System Restore and going into the Registry nothing. Went to upload some photos today and bingo, it's back. Computers eh!!
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

May 1, 2008, 10:53 AM
    The magic reboot...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Recommend a nanny camera or hidden camera system [ 5 Answers ]

I am hiring a live-in nanny and like any paranoid but responsible parent I want nanny cams. Can anyone recommend a company or system for me asap. I want hidden cameras. I would like to be able to view my house while traveling via internet. Also I want to record all activity in the house. Please...

The Wizard of Oz. Suggestions? [ 5 Answers ]

My High school is doing the Wizard of Oz for its yearly play, and I was hoping for some suggestions from people who have some experience from this play. I'm not the director, but I am going to be helping her with a lot of this stuff and we need suggestions on sets, costume ideas, things like that....

I lost the cable that connects my digital camera to my computer [ 2 Answers ]

I lost the cable that connects my digital camera to my computer so I can dowload the pictures from my camera onto my computer so... now what?

Xerox scanner lost software disk [ 1 Answers ]

[hi all. I have a xerox 2400 scanner and have lost the disk to load it onto my pc. It is the disc that comes with the product. Is there any way around this. Because it is about 4 yrs old xerox themselves don't seem to have any free software to replace it. Any ideas guys, it is probably obvious but...

Accessibility wizard [ 1 Answers ]

When trying to download some things I get the warning "cannot load file trouble with opening accessibilty wizard" What does this mean and how can I fix it? Thank you Jeanie

View more questions Search