Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    louis123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2008, 12:25 PM
    Free grant money
    Hello, my name is louis123, and I was wondering how do I go about getting free government grant money to start my own home business?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 30, 2008, 02:12 PM
    Most grants are from the government, you start with the small business administration, and review government web site. Please understand they are not going to give you all the money to start the entire business.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 30, 2008, 11:46 PM
    It would be helpful to know what kind of business it is that you are going to start in order to give you the best answer. I don't know that there is any such thing as a "free" grant from a government or other entity. For one thing, you have to apply for the grant; know what to say when writing the grant proposal and know how to word what you write in such a way that will make your grant proposal likely for the entity to which you are applying to give you a grant. It takes a lot of work to apply for grants.

Around where I live, depending on the type of business that is requesting the grant, there is money available that comes from the riverboat gambling that happens in this area. I believe that it is the state and local municipal governments in this area that govern how the money is used. Perhaps you might have something similar in place around where you live?
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

May 1, 2008, 06:37 AM
    You can get free mentoring from SCORE, which is affiliated with the SBA. A mentor can help you develop & clarify your business plan. (this only applies if you're in the USA)

You may also want to read up on bootstrapping, which means starting your business with minimal capital. Try searching for articles on bootstrapping at Entrepreneur.com; this is a great site for the entrepreneur. Another good resource is the blog The Entrepreneurial Mind; a search for the term bootstrapping will return several useful articles. The Bootstrap Network has great resources, and is an excellent place to connect with bootstrappers near you.
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

May 1, 2008, 02:16 PM
    I hadn't heard of bootstrapping either, until I wanted to start a business and realized I didn't have any money to do so! ;)
    free grants Posts: 46, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2008, 01:19 AM
    Free government grant money for your home business is an instant access to grant money to meet your specific needs and grant fee information for your business.

Office of Women's Business Ownership (OWBO) is the Woman Business Central Program of Small Business Administration (SBA) that will assist women start her business.

Quote Originally Posted by louis123
    hello, my name is louis123, and i was wondering how do i go about getting free government grant money to start my own home business?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need free money ' Grant ' [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I would like to start my own towing buss , I have looked up all kinds of grants on line but they alwasys aks for a fee,and when I look them up on BBB they don't have any of them listed can someone help me please ?

Grant money for felons [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know of any resources that could provide a grant to a convicted felon (no jail time) to go to school to become a paralegal?

Grant Money [ 5 Answers ]

How can I find grant money without paying for a service from another site that I don't want? Ajsha

Is there any free way to find out how to get a grant? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello my name is Brian Dalton and I have looked all over the place to find a site that can tell me exactly how to apply for a grant so that I can start my own homw business without having to pay 24.99 for a cd or book or anything of that nature.can someone please help.Thank you kindly.

Free grant guide [ 1 Answers ]

How can I get a free grant guide?

View more questions Search