Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kenlove Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2008, 10:45 AM
    Cd and dvd drive disappeared
    My cd and dvd drive disappeared from "My Computer". How do I get them back? :confused:
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2008, 10:50 AM
    I'm assuming you've tried restarting the computer? It could mean that your cd/dvd drive driver is now gone, and you'll have to reinstall the driver... or it could also mean that the connection has somehow gone haywire.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2008, 11:18 AM
    Have you recently hooked up any new hardware or used system tools of some sort?
    Did this just happen out of no where or after you had restarted the computer?
    Was anything installed recently?
    kenlove Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2008, 04:59 PM
    I uninstalled Symantec and rebooted. They were not there after reboot. There isn't even cd/dvd drives shown in device manager.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2008, 11:24 AM
    Try this, even if you have not gotten a error 31, this resolves the issue many times and does no harm to PC by making these changes
    You can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive, or you receive an error message after you remove a CD recording program or a DVD recording program in Windows XP: "error code 31"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

She just disappeared. [ 1 Answers ]

Recently, I reconnected with a young woman I knew while in college. Though we didn't date (I was dating others at the time and her school was two states away), there was an obvious attraction and mutual high regard. During an initial date we decided to plan a trip to celebrate the new year, and it...

Control panel has disappeared [ 2 Answers ]

I started receiving popups yesterday telling me my computer was copying itself and wanted me to do a scan, obviously trying to sell me software. It would not go away. I ran adaware and scanned twice. It still would not disappear. I tried getting int control panel to see if I could find a stray...

My address bar disappeared [ 7 Answers ]

After installing A progam I thought I needed,(stupid!) My addressbar disappeared. I tried to get it back by hitting the F11 key, but that does not work. How can I get it back? I am a senior, with little computer knowledge. Thank you very much for helping. Anne, aka MotherSuperior

View more questions Search