Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SEK Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2008, 02:42 AM
    Water Gurgling Sound when AIr Conditioner Runs
    We have a 2-year old heat pump and just today we notice the sound of gurgling water in our basement shower drain when the air conditioner runs. The sound is NOT heard in any of the other drains in the house.

What could be causing this sound?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Apr 30, 2008, 02:16 PM
    The drain from the A/C unit is probably tapped into the shower drain pipe. No problem with that just make sure the A/C drain stay clear of all debris.
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

May 1, 2008, 07:04 PM
    If you have a air vent tee installed before the P trap on the condensate drain it will make this noise or if a trap was not installed at all it will make this noise either or is wrong. The fan coil on a heat pump will try to pull air through the drain line when its running keeping it from draining. If a trap is not installed or installed wrong it can fill the drain pan and overflow with very little water going down the condensation drain.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Air Conditioner Unit Outside Making a Clicking Sound [ 3 Answers ]

I live in Texas and it's really hot already and I noticed last night that my Air Conditioner unit outside is making a weird clicking sound. The fan was turning last night but today it stopped working. It is around 81 degrees in my house right now and I need to know what is going on to fix this...

Central air conditioner runs for over 1 hour before kicking off is this normal? [ 1 Answers ]

My central air conditioner Heat pump just started running for over an hour before kicking off and only cools 1 degree.. we had thermostat replaced 2 days before this started happening... what should we do?

Air conditioner knocking sound when OFF [ 3 Answers ]

We have a new home with a split 13 SEER HVAC heatpump system. The lineset is probably 50 feet long. In the cooling mode several minutes after the airhandler stops running, I sometimes hear a knocking sound which seems to come from the lineset which runs down inside an interior wall from the attic...

Window Air Conditioner fan runs when you turn it off. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Hampton Bay AC (110 v) window AC unit with a fan that continues to run after you turn the power switch to off. It runs for 4-5 minutes after you switch it "off", then the fan turns off. It has never done this before, so I know it isn't proper operation. The lights on the LED display...

Gurgling sound from tub after flushing toilet [ 3 Answers ]

For the last few weeks, there has been a gurgling sound coming from the bathtub after I flush the toilet. My house is only 1 year old. Nothing has come up from the bathtub, but the sound is there after every flush. Why is this happening? Is this a problem to be concerned with? Thanks.

View more questions Search