Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sturoc Posts: 38, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2006, 07:32 PM
    SCSI help?
    I have a scsi cd rom that is installed in a rack unit which has a front panel ID selection button (1-7 )
    There are 2 connectors from this selector which plug into the cd rom drive But I have no clue which pins to go to?
    The connectors are female 3 pin each. Would like to have this set up, as it is convienent to change id # without opening rack unit.
    Any thoughts?
    Thanks
    Stu
    StuMegu Posts: 576, Reputation: 64

Feb 19, 2006, 04:15 AM
    Sounds like the connectors fit over the SCSI id setting jumpers on the back of the CD rom unit. You will have to check with the documentation on how these connect, but if you have two rows of three connections, I would guess that they go together in a 2x3 grid over these pins on your cd rom.

It really depends on how you change the id on the cd rom drive, a lot of drives have three pairs of pins representing 1,2 & 4, and you short (or put jumper on) the appropriate pins to choose the number so id 0 would have no jumpers on and id 3 would have 1 & 2 with jumpers on etc.

In summary, you probably have to remove the ID jumpers from the CD rom unit and repace with these front panel connectors

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search