Laurie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2003, 03:35 PM
    Gymnastics
    How many girls age 13 will compete Level
    7 in California this season?
    gymdog_gymnast07 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2005, 05:36 AM
    Im sorry
    I do not know but I know anything about bars, beam, vault and floor you can ask me about;)
    fallenxgymnast Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2005, 04:42 PM
    Past fears
    Okay well

I was a beginning level 5 acouple of months ago at my gym until I quit because I had a huge fear of going backwards! I started learning my backhandspring a long time ago and once I got close I began twisting a certain way every time I jumped back! I have no idea why I can't do it because there were so many other girls that had gotten there's, but for some reason I never learned how to do it. It really makes me mad because my coach thought I would go really far and that I was a great gymnast its just that I have to get over my fear of going backwards. I'm not really scared that I'm going to hurt myself its and I know that I CAN do it.. so why can't I just jump back? :confused:

I need some real help because I would really like to be in gymnastics again, all my friends think I should too! I mean I would do anything for just a simple backhandspring but I don't know how to get over my fear!

I almost had it twice but I always chicken out right when I'm close to actually getting it!

I'm thinking that maybe this break might have helped and I'm telling myself that I know I can do it.. but I'm just scared that I won't be able to do it and I can't full-fill my dream... can someone please help me ? :(
    gymdog_gymnast07 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2005, 05:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by fallenxgymnast
    okay well

i was a beginning level 5 acouple of months ago at my gym until i quit because i had a huge fear of going backwards !! i started learning my backhandspring a long time ago and once i got close i began twisting a certain way everytime i jumped back!! i have no idea why i can't do it because there were so many other girls that had gotten theres, but for some reason i never learned how to do it. it really makes me mad because my coach thought i would go really far and that i was a great gymnast its just that i have to get over my fear of going backwards. im not really scared that im going to hurt myself its and i know that i CAN do it .. so why can't i just jump back? :confused:

i need some real help because i would really like to be in gymnastics again, all my friends think i should too! i mean i would do anything for just a simple backhandspring but i dont know how to get over my fear !!

i almost had it twice but i always chicken out right when im close to actually getting it !!

im thinking that maybe this break might have helped and im telling myself that i kno i can do it .. but im just scared that i wont be able to do it and i can't full-fill my dream ..... can someone please help me ? :(

I am in level 5 and on team for the first time ever. I started gymnastics at this place and was in a edvanced class. We started learning backhandsprinds and I was really scared. I could do it perfect on the trampoline just I woulldn't do it on the floor for anything.so my teacher cept on telling me your not going to get anywhere if you don't do your backhandspring on the gound. Well that night I tried out for team and I made it the russian coach had been watching my do my roundoff back hand spring for a while. So over the summer I took gymnastics 4 days a week and my coach went to russia to see her family and we had another coach who couldn't spot us because she just had surgery. I was on the tumbl trak doing it perfect. And told mee the same thing everyday your not going to get anywhere on that stupid tumbl trak so one day I went on the floor and did but I didn't know the whole gym was watching me so they started yelling good job and stuff like that so now I'm not afraid to do it any more.
    So is what I am trying to tell you is your stupid you dropped out. Just keep on practicing and do your best. THen one day you might just have it.
    rozzie2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2006, 07:39 PM
    Comment on gymdog_gymnast07's post
    No one is stupid for fear... that is not an encouraging statement... sometimes thing about a response before you press enter.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Soccer & Gymnastics [ 2 Answers ]

First Question. Where are all of the Soccer Fans. This isn't a question I just wanted to boast a little. I play Sweep/Goalie for our High School Team. I have been Involved in Gymnastic for about 6 years. Ever since I was three to five. Then again from nine to eleven. While playing Goalie...

Male gymnastics [ 2 Answers ]

What do male gymnastis wear to keep their penis in place while they preform?

View more questions Search