Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Marina72 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2008, 07:02 PM
    Cash Advance
    Hi.

My name is Marina. I hope there is people who can answer to my question.
    Three days ago I went to the bank to transfer money from my overseas account to my Citizens bank account. Before asking them for this transaction, cash advance, I did ask the branch manager whether they have a limit for money transfer. He said that for cash advance they have no limits and the amount is not that big and I can do it. After transferring my money to my Citizen Bank account, the same branch manager kindly apologized and said that there is a limit and they have to transfer, reverse, my money back. They voided money. It's a third business day and I still don't have money in my accounts.
    Do you know how long it takes money to be transferred to my overseas account after bank voids it and who is responsible for that?What can I do in this situation
    Thank you.
    Marina.

<moved from Forum Help>
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 29, 2008, 08:03 PM
    If it is a wire transfer from a bank overseas that uses the same clearing houses, the money should be into your bank within hours.

How was the money being transferred, what country was the money coming from, there is a lot of bank fraud from some nations where it is watched more closely.

There should be no limit on the money you can transfer, anything over a certain amount has to be reported to the government. People transfers millions at times and amounts in the 100,000s should be common to larger banks.

Please give more details please
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Apr 29, 2008, 08:26 PM
    Wire transfer from bank overseas to your account in US or vice versa takes between 2-3 days because the transaction needs to be verified by the government agencies of both countries. This is different from domestic wire transfer which you will be able to get cash advance as the sum will appear in your account in 24 hours or less.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

SSI and cash advance loans [ 2 Answers ]

Can someone on SSI have a lien put on their house for an unpaid cash advance loan? It is a $400.00 loan.

No-show known in advance by plaintiff atty, my atty not told in advance [ 3 Answers ]

Will I be able to prevail in small claims court against the plaintiff's attorney and/or her? My ex-girlfriend filed a motion for a 2-year protective order to keep me out of our jointly-owned house. At the hearing, she didn't appear, but her attorney truthfully claimed that she was on business...

Cash Advance [ 1 Answers ]

If an employerr, advance you money from future pay checks, how much can they deduct fom your paycheck every month?? can they take your whole paycheck and leave you with nothing, or do they fall under that no more then 10% rule.

Cash advance on workman compensation cases [ 1 Answers ]

I live in California, I would like to know, can I be denied a cash advance on a workman compensation case, if being off work has cause a hardship.

View more questions Search