Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dani04 Posts: 55, Reputation: 3

Apr 29, 2008, 06:38 PM
    I don't know if he likes me.. should I move on
    Well, My ex and I have been apart for about 3 months. We were together for about a year and a half. He says he is in love with me and all. I am in love with him as well. But he felt we were months a lot so he said we should take a break so when we do get back together we will be a strong couple. He was such a amazing boyfriend he made me SO very happy. Well I am afraid if I don't say anything about him and Me he will think I am not in love with him anymore... and he will eventurally move on. But I am afraid If I ask him he will get annoyed and move on.
    WHat I want to ask him was... he said he will never like anyone as much as me there is no one as good as me so he doesn't have to worry about him finding someone better because he won't do that. Well I am so darn afraid that he will find someone he really loves... and then say to me I am sorry I didn't know what Love was... we were young.. and just like tell me I have to move on and that I was silly to like him.
    I really like this guy and I don't know what to do or how to act around him. I want him to love me even more when we do get back together but I don't want to be all annoying and sound desperate.
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2008, 07:19 AM
    He needs a break to me sounds like the new buzz word for lets break up! I think it is time to move on. If he calls and wants to come back then you can decide IF you want him back in your life or not. But do not sit around waiting for him.
    moniquex0ox Posts: 9, Reputation: 0

May 15, 2008, 01:56 PM
    Okkayy well when people say lets take a break means break up so try & move on cause if he moved on you don't want to sit around waiting for him to come back so I think its just best to move on
    alwaystrue Posts: 20, Reputation: 5

May 15, 2008, 03:13 PM
    I never understood the reason behind "let's take a break" if in love. It so childish and unreal. He just wants to play around instead of cheating and you want to sit around and wait ,wrong go out get a life and don't wait for him. I mean what happen if your get back together he asks for another break and does taking a break makes the relationship stronger.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

May 15, 2008, 03:43 PM
    There's more to staying together, faithfully to one person, than just the "love" part. A LOT more. Sometimes, one person is just more aware that things aren't working well when you're close to each other, which still has nothing to do with whether you love each other or not. They're completely different concepts.

So, I wouldn't accuse someone who is using the "let's take a break" line of malicious or cheating intent, just a little cowardice. They know it's not working, aren't sure why, but still like you so want to make it easy to hear. "Let's take a break" is easier for the dumpee to accept, and makes the dumper feel like less of a heel.

In the end, though, it's still over. The REAL childish behavior is not accepting this and creating all the after-drama trying to chase the dumper down again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search