Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    elliemae0418 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2008, 05:38 PM
    Soleproprietorship - can I pay myself an actual payroll check and withhold taxes?
    As a soleproprietor can I legally pay myself a regular payroll check and withhold payroll taxes as well as pay taxes through quarterly self employed taxes paid directly to IRS?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 29, 2008, 05:40 PM
    Yes, but I'm not sure whether that would be an real advantage,
    delite Posts: 202, Reputation: 3

Apr 30, 2008, 09:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by elliemae0418
    as a soleproprietor can i legally pay myself a regular payroll check and withhold payroll taxes as well as pay taxes through quarterly self employed taxes paid directly to IRS?
    As a sole proprietor you make withdrawals from the business which will be treated as distributions to soleproprietor. Estimated taxes, et al should be set up and paid,at the end of the year all withdrawals are considered salary subject to federal and local taxes
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 1, 2008, 06:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by delite
    as a sole proprietor you make withdrawals from the business which will be treated as distributions to soleproprietor. estimated taxes, et al should be set up and paid,at the end of the year all withdrawls are considered salary subject to federal and local taxes
    While that is accurate, that doesn't preclude a sole proprietor from paying himself a salary. Sole proprietorships can have employees.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Better understanding my payroll check. [ 5 Answers ]

Can someone tell me how to figure out what is being taken out of my check for social security, Medicare and federal withholdings? I live in New Hampshire and I pulled the numbers which I thought where right from the internet and did my math. However the math I did compared to my paycheck doesn’t...

Misc-1099 - how much to withhold for taxes? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm thinking of taking a PT job that will issue me a 1099 for the 2008 tax year. The 1099 will be for $25,000. I will be filing jointly with my husband and combined we will make about $65,000 of taxable income (which includes the $25,000 from the 1099). We have 3 small children and an adoption...

Holding a Payroll check after depositing it [ 1 Answers ]

Is it against the law for a bank to hold a persons payroll check for verification after depositing it? I am having trouble with my bank only making $100 available when I deposit my payroll check. Which this makes it possible for them to say that my bank account go negative and for them to...

Employer did not withhold Georgia State Taxes [ 6 Answers ]

I just discovered my employer has not been withholding Georgia state taxes. They have been withholding all other taxes. Since we don't receive a pay stub each payday, I retrieved my first pay stub online and missed it. I haven't pull any others since the direct deposit was the same each time...

View more questions Search