Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    frankyie Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2006, 06:32 PM
    Shower P-trap question
    Hi,

Should the 2 pieces of the shower p trap be in the same plan ? In order to align the p trap with the 2" drain pipe I will need a 135 angle between them. I'd like if possible to avoid one of those short 90 ABS ells.

Thanks,

Frank
    Attached Images

speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 19, 2006, 06:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by frankyie
    Hi,

Should the 2 pieces of the shower p trap be in the same plan ? In order to align the p trap with the 2" drain pipe I will need a 135 angle between them. I'd like if possible to avoid one of those short 90 ABS ells.

Thanks,

Frank
    Hi Frank,
    I don't understand,"Should the 2 pieces of the shower p trap be in the same plan ?" What plan? Do you mean plain? And are you referring to a 135 degree angle?
    Also what ABS Ells? I don't see any in the picture you provided. Your question doesn't jive with the picture. Please explain with more details? Thanks Tom
    frankyie Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2006, 08:22 AM
    Hi Tom,

I replaced the picture in the previous post. With yellow line is how the old p trap was attached to the drain pipe using a 90 elbow.

With red is how I want to connect the new 2" p trap drain to the new 2" drain pipe. The upper part of the p trap is not aligned with the lower piece - the "U" shaped one-, instead is twisted a bit - there is a 135 angle between the two- Then I am using a 45 connector to attach everything to the drain pipe.

Which option would you recommend ?

Thanks,

Frank
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 19, 2006, 09:19 AM
    I'm still having a problem. What's twisted? Looks connected to me. Do you mean the sharp turn between the"U" shaped piece,( J Bend) and the drain?
    What option do I recomen? I only see one option in the picture. What am I missing here? If the trap lines up with the shower drain then I can find no fault with the set up. Regards, tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shower Trap [ 2 Answers ]

We just moved into a new house. While crawling through the crawl space on an unrelated issue I noticed that one of the drain lines was leaking. Further inspection showed that the shower in the master bath does not have a trap. Instead the pipe drops about 24 inches straight down (very noisy...

Installing a shower trap in the basement [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, This is my first post. When I purchase my house a full bath was roughed into the basement. I am in the process of installing a shower base in my basement. The builder roughed in the shower as follows - 6 inch PVC pipe straight into the concete

2nd Floor Shower Trap [ 1 Answers ]

I found this message on this forum https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=4331&highlight=RUNNING+SHOWER+TRAP I have the same issue I need to trap a 2nd floor shower (floor joists 2x8) so I want to know if I can do this thing called the running "U" trap and how I build one. I want to run...

Shower / slab / where is the P Trap? [ 1 Answers ]

I am finishing a (walk out) basement bathroom with a slab foundation. The bathroom drains were installed when the house was built, and I have been doing really well until the shower was next in line. The shower drain is a 2" pvc drain protruding up through a cynderblock that was layed in the slab...

Shower trap [ 4 Answers ]

I read that a dap out (14" x 14" opening) in the foundation slab Is used to access the tub trap. Is a dap out area also used For the shower trap ? Thanks, Lee

View more questions Search