Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yoli2008 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2008, 11:47 AM
    Tax rebate
    Hi I just wanted to know if the gov was going to send out the checks in a certain order.
    I also wanted to know when this money should be out and who is going to get this money
    bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2008, 11:50 AM
    Hello yoli2008.

Yes the government is going to send out the checks based on the last 2 digits of your SSN.

Here's a link to better understand this:

Economic Stimulus Payments on the Way; Some People Will See Direct Deposit Payments Today

Just click on the 'Payment Schedule' link to see when you should be expecting your rebate.

If you have filed a 2007 tax return and made at least $3000 minimum last year then you may qualify. Here is a link to determine about how much you should receive.

Economic Stimulus Payment Calculator - Welcome to the Economic Stimulus Payment Calculator
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Apr 29, 2008, 05:53 PM
    IRS has already started transmitting payment for direct deposits from April 18, 2008. All those who opted for direct deposit will get before May 14, 2008. Then the mailing of paper check will start.
    For information on stimulus tax rebate schedule, the eligibility and how much rebate you will get read: Your U.S. Tax Return: Are You Eligible for 2008 Stimulus Tax Rebate Payment?
    free grants Posts: 46, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2008, 11:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by yoli2008
    hi I just wanted to know if the gov was going to send out the checks in a certain order.
    I also wanted to know when this money should be out and who is going to get this money
    The government start mailing the IRS Stimulus Checks from May 2 until July 11 to Million Americans. The check date is based on the last two digits of your social security number.

Direct Deposit Payment Schedule

Last 2 digits of your Social Security Number

Deposit should be sent to your bank account by:

00 – 20 May 2

21 – 75 May 9

76 – 99 May 16

For more details and further assistance, fill out your information in the box above our site at IRS Stimulus Checks Start Mailing May 2 to 137 Million Americans : Instant Grant Search
    harry99 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2008, 04:18 AM
    Many with last 2 digits of SSN from 00-20 and direct deposit have received the rebae.
    diddlydudette1 Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2008, 04:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by harry99
    Many with last 2 digits of SSN from 00-20 and direct deposit have received the rebae.
    And many haven't received their rebate.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

May 2, 2008, 08:47 AM
    There will ALWAYS be people who fall through the cracks.

Give it another week. If you have NOT gotten your stimulus check by next Friday, call the IRS the following week to find out what the problem is.
    free grants Posts: 46, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2008, 10:25 PM
    AtlantaTaxExpert is right, Call the IRS with your Tax Question Or Contact Your Local IRS Office . Or you may visit this site at How to Contact the IRS

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Government Tax Rebate [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering when people are going to get the government rebate checks? Alos, does everone qualify?

Stimulus Rebate [ 4 Answers ]

Is it true that F1 visa students with 5+ years in the US and who are residents for tax purposes are still not eligible for economic stimulus rebate? The following answer in Yahoo claims that resident status is based on the restricted/unrestricted work access in the US. Can someone please clarify?...

H4 tax rebate [ 1 Answers ]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- My annual income in the US would be $60000. I understand this is taxable at 30% amounting to $3500 per month(is this correct?). If I have 2 dependants on H4(my spouse and baby), what would be the tax rebate? How...

H4 - Tax rebate [ 1 Answers ]

My company in the US would pay me $5000. I understand this is taxable at 30% amounting to $3500 per month(is this correct?). If I have 2 dependants on H4(my spouse and baby), what would be the tax rebate? How much money would I end up in hand per month?

NJ Saver Rebate [ 0 Answers ]

Does the NJ Saver Rebate that I received in September 03 count as income on the Federal 1040 form? I itemized if that is important to know. Thank you.

View more questions Search