Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cornedbeef Posts: 152, Reputation: 4

Apr 29, 2008, 07:04 AM
    Doughnut recipes
    Hi all, I have just acquired a "Prima" mini doughnut maker minus the recipe booklet. It makes 6 mini ring doughnuts at a time. Does anyone out there have a suitable recipe for the mix. I presume a small amount of veg oil would be placed in each ring before putting in the mix. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Kids are waiting patiently!
    Thanks.
    Richard.
    amIwrong Posts: 157, Reputation: 16

Apr 29, 2008, 11:02 AM
    Doughnut Recipes like Baked Doughnuts, Churros, Doughnut Holes, Funnel Cakes,

Maybe contact the company to order a replacement book
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Apr 29, 2008, 11:24 AM
    Got this from William Sonoma long time ago... they're good. Enjoy!

Recipe: Mini doughnuts

Ingredients:

For the doughnuts:
    * 2 cups all-purpose flour
    * 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
    * 1 tsp. baking soda
    * 1 tsp. salt
    * 16 Tbs. (2 sticks) unsalted butter, plus 3 Tbs. melted butter
    * 2 cups sugar
    * 3 eggs
    * 2 tsp. vanilla extract
    * 1 cup buttermilk

For the ganache:
    * 1/2 cup heavy cream
    * 6 oz. bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
    * 2 Tbs. unsalted butter
    * Sprinkles for decorating

Directions:

Have all the ingredients at room temperature.

To make the doughnuts, in a bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.

In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the flat beater, beat the 16 Tbs. butter on high speed until fluffy, about 1 minute. Add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition, then beat in the vanilla.

Reduce the speed to low and add the flour mixture in three additions, alternating with the buttermilk and beginning and ending with the flour. Beat until just combined.

Preheat a mini doughnut maker according to the manufacturers instructions. Brush the wells with melted butter. Fill each well with about 1 1/2 Tbs. batter. Close the lid and cook for 3 minutes. Using a wooden skewer or small tongs, remove the doughnuts from the machine and place on a wire rack to cool. Repeat with the remaining batter.

To make the ganache, in a double boiler over medium-high heat, bring the cream just to a boil. Add the chocolate and butter and whisk vigorously until melted and smooth. Remove from the heat and let the ganache cool for 5 minutes.

Holding a doughnut with your fingers, dip one side of the doughnut halfway into the ganache and then into the sprinkles. Repeat with the remaining doughnuts. Let the ganache cool before serving. Makes about 35 mini doughnuts.
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2008, 02:55 AM
    DOUGHNUT MAKER DONUTS

3 eggs, beaten
    1/4 tsp. nutmeg
    1 c. sugar
    1 c. buttermilk
    2 tsp. baking powder
    1/2 tsp. vanilla
    1 tsp. salt
    5 tbsp. oil
    1 tsp. soda
    4 c. flour

Mix together ingredients. Fill donut maker. Drop into hot fat, turn immediately then again as they appear to crack and bubble out of the edges.

Richard contact the makers and ask for a booklet they should send you one free of charge there site however doesn't work :(
    cornedbeef Posts: 152, Reputation: 4

Apr 30, 2008, 08:22 AM
    Hi, as I am in England we have skimmed, semi-skimmed and full fat milk. Does butter milk equate to full fat milk here?
    Cheers
    Richard.
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2008, 08:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cornedbeef
    Hi, as I am in England we have skimmed, semi-skimmed and full fat milk. Does butter milk equate to full fat milk here?
    Cheers
    Richard.
    No you will find butter milk with all the creams etc in the supermarket I think the carton is cream with purple writing in sainsburys
    Titus8005 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2010, 08:13 AM
    We got this recipe with a Safeway mini doughnut maker.

1 1/2 (225g) cups plain fluour
    1/2 cup castor sugar
    1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    125g butter, softened
    1x60g egg
    3/4 cup milk

1. In a large bowl, stir flour, sugar, baking powder and salt to combine. Add butter, egg and milk; beat with an electric mixer until the mixture is thick, smooth and creamy.
    2. Pre-heat the appliance for 4-5 minutes. Spoon 1 tablespoon of the mixture evenly into each mould. Close the lid. Cook for 2 minutes or until doughnuts are golden brown and soft to touch.
    3. Carefully remove the hot doughnuts from the doughnut maker and place onto a wire rack.

Makes about 24 mini doughnuts.

Do not make the batter too watery... it needs to be spoon-able like thickly beaten cream otherwise they don't 'rise' and fill the moulds properly.

They're awesome with a little lightly sprinkled icing sugar or melted chocolate. (Take ordinary Cadbury's chocolate and melt over low heat in a very small amount of milk... You'll probably want to try one of each flavour!! ;D)
    RaziaD Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2012, 11:48 PM
    Hi

The Safeway recipe is great and easy, for some variety substitute the 1 1/2 cups flour with 1 cup flour +1 cup coconut and dust with icing sugar, or add 2 or three currants to each donut, chocolate chips work just as well.

Enjoy
    Razia D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Anyone with a great Turkey Recipe? [ 14 Answers ]

Hey guys I want to make a turkey this year but I don't know what kind of recipe to go with.. I'd love to hear all of your ideas... And I would love to know how to make a more moist turkey... I don't really like turkey b.c its soooo DRY..

Juicer recipes [ 8 Answers ]

Anyone have any good juicer recipes? My parents just bought me a Breville Juice Fountain and I'd like to try it out, but I don't want to make anything gross! Thanks! :D

Help me with recipes [ 11 Answers ]

I've got this problem, my dad moved out of the house, and he doesn't know how to cook, so he asked me to teach him some basic stuff about cooking and some easy recipes, could you help me find them ?

Chocolate recipes [ 11 Answers ]

Please suggest good sites for finding chocolate recipes for home/ amateur use. Thanks.

Veggie recipes [ 4 Answers ]

I've never liked most vegetables but I'm working hard to include more in my diet. I'm looking for veggie recipes that even a certified vegephobe like myself might like. Does anyone have a fabulous vegetable recipe to share? I'd also love to find some vegetable recipes that call for only 4 or 5...

View more questions Search