Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zac4life Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2008, 04:34 AM
    A confusing job
    My daughter seannea is 12 and she wants to start earning her own money so she wants to start her own babysitting job she is really serious about it she printed out flyers and has her friends working with her but she is concerned about the kids and the actual job and she thinks her friends won't come through when she needs them how does she start planning and by the way she is starting this summer
    :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 29, 2008, 05:21 AM
    I think your daughter may be right. Her friends will probably lose interest after a while and she will be stuck with a lot of jobs and in this case, she won't be able to overlap if she is doing it herself. I suggest she start small and just rely on herself for the time being until she sees where it is going.

Your l2 year old having this idea opens up all kinds of learning curves for her, i.e. her own bank account, managing money, expanding a business.

The question is really, zaclife, is she mature and capable enough to carry it through at 12 where kids are just being able to stay on their own legally at 12 (here in Ontario at least).

Yes, it will be a confusing job and needs her to sit down with a piece of paper in front of her, divided down the middle with pros on one side and cons on the other to make her see how it all balances out in the longrun. This job carries a LOT of responsibility and is she up for it, is basically what I am getting at.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 29, 2008, 04:01 PM
    I really like the answer above!

Another issue would be, is she going to be doing this in your home or someone else's home?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

This is so confusing! [ 4 Answers ]

I've been dating my boyfriend for 2 years. (4 if you wouldn't count break-ups) He has this friend that is ALWAYS at our house, 5 days out of 7. About 2-3 months ago I just started feeling left out all the time. I wanted his attention & it seemed like he wouldn't give it to me. He would rather go to...

Very Confusing Ex? [ 2 Answers ]

First and foremost; I would like to Thank you for taking the time to read this! I'm looking for some non-judgemental insight/advice on a very Confusing ex? It's a long story but he and I dated for almost 2 years and he Broke up with me suddenly because of his "hang-ups". Shortly after that ...

So confusing. [ 1 Answers ]

My man broke up with me 8 months ago. Due to commitment issues. He said he loved me but did not want to commit... and said it was not fair on me... We had some contacts until February. He was dating another. When he found out about me finding out his girlfriend, (his girlfriend phoned a friend of...

What shall I do? Confusing [ 2 Answers ]

Been split up about 2-3 weeks with my girl, she said she needed space and for first week I did not give it her but last week I have. I sent her a text yesterday to se if she OK n she said she been thorugh a lot over weekendn, she asked if I w anted to go out with her and her mate but I said no...

Very confusing [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Joe, If you're asking about this site, it's active. What's the problem? :o

View more questions Search