Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    simplysomesh Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2008, 02:02 AM
    Best antivirus for laptop
    I have purchased new compaq lapton.They have provided me with preinstalled norton antivirus but I am having problem with norton updates,as I have tried it many times but it is not getting updated.I want to know which is the best anti virus for my laptop,is there any other way to update my norton antivirus,how can I download free versions of antivirus for my laptops,and if I want to buy new antivirus programe.. how can I buy it and for how many days it work and appoximate price of product... thank you.
    Dr Somesh Kakade
    O_Troubles Posts: 313, Reputation: 20

Apr 29, 2008, 02:18 AM
    Go to a local computer shop they can help you buy one and will tell you how long it lasts I have kaspersky it's a really good anti virus program I've never hadda problem with it and my friend who's a tech help guy recommended it. I think it lasts a year or just over and it cost mabie 40ish bucks depending where you live
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 29, 2008, 02:21 AM
    Firstly uninstall Norton as it really isn't all that good.

Now, why buy antivirus when AVG does an excellent job and best of all is FREE.
    AVG Free - Download AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition for Windows
    simplysomesh Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2008, 02:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben
    Firstly uninstall Norton as it really isn't all that good.

Now, why buy antivirus when AVG does an excellent job and best of all is FREE.
    AVG Free - Download AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition for Windows
    Thanks friend for information... but as you say AVG is free,I want to know for how many days it is free once I have download it and how can I get its updates
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 29, 2008, 02:34 AM
    It is completely and utterly FREE.
    NO expiration at all.
    The updates are regular and it offers good protection.

That being said no single anti virus is perfect so use of an online scanner occasionally is advised.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Connecting laptop to laptop using crossover cable [ 4 Answers ]

I have recently just bought a new laptop with Windows Vista.. and I am interested in transferring my files from the old laptop that uses Windows XP onto the new laptop. I purchased a crossover cable because I figured it would be the cheapest way to transfer. I am not too sure how to go about...

Antivirus [ 1 Answers ]

When ever want to load antivirus files, as sson cursr points on antivirus exe, cursor will exit to desk top. System details. 845 intel chipset, 256 RAM, 240 gb hdd, windows xp patch with sp2

Laptop screen repair? Useful life of a laptop? [ 3 Answers ]

I have an IBM Thinkpad X40. Have had it for 3 years Spilt liquid on the screen a while ago and now, although the screen works still, it has a kind of mottled tidemark effect and is dark in places (can also see where drops of water are permanently "stuck" behind the screen). Is this fixable?...

Antivirus... [ 11 Answers ]

May I get some advise, its about what is the best antivirus that I can use that won't make my PC slow, this antivirus will be install to a none network or no internet PC so that means I need a antivir that no updating require but if there is how can I update this antivir to a no internet PC......

Antivirus [ 4 Answers ]

Hi pals I'm confused about selecting the antivirus for my PC ,can u tell me which is the best antivirus and also the best among the free antivirus softwares

View more questions Search