Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maria16 Posts: 65, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2008, 11:17 PM
    Deep cut
    I cut myself on my hand at work, it is a small, clean, but rather deep cut. I cleaned it, put pressure on it, and put some antibacterial on it, then wrapped in a band aid because I had to be at work the rest of the day. It has been quite a few hours since then, but it is still bleeding. But now I took of the bandaid, cleaned it with water and rubbing alcohol, and am now leaving it open to dry a bit. It is still very tender but the bleeding has subsisted abit...

I don't have health insurance and cannot afford to go get stitches. Any tips for how to make it heal fast?
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Apr 28, 2008, 11:26 PM
    Depending on how deep the wound is, you may have to get stitched up. I understand that cost is an issue, but if you don't get it stitched up, you may have bigger problems later on. Are there any free clinics in your area that'll do patch/fix work for you? If not, there should be a walk-in clinic that charges a relatively small amount for patch work.

As for now, keep it clean, dress it up with some gauze/sterile dressing (not too tight... but enough to keep it from getting infected), and apply some neosporin to it (don't overdo it... lightly apply it to the area about once a day for the next couple of days, then let it heal on its own)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Deep Deep Depths [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know the approximate depth of the deepest point in the ocean? Any ocean, the deepest one obviously hahaha Thanks

Am I Reading Too Deep Into This? [ 13 Answers ]

I'll try to make a long story short... I was divorced approx. 15 months. Ago from a man whom I was married to for nearly twelve years. We have two children together. The marriage ended for several reasons. See 1/16/08 post: "Confused About Ex-Husband". I just ended my relationship with my...

Can he actually enter too deep? [ 4 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been having sex for about a month now. He has an average size penis and the sex is amazing. But afterward I always get a pressure feeling in my abdomen. Could he be thrusting too hard and going too deep into my vagina?

I am in deep ! [ 2 Answers ]

I have the following anti spywares and anti viruses in my computer. McAfee AVG Ewido Anti-Spyware Ad-Aware Anti-Spyware Spybot All of them are always updated. Now, the problem is that even after having so many anti xyz softwares, I still get malware sna d viruses in my computer which...

View more questions Search