Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nathan123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2008, 11:14 PM
    I got a contested divorce
    I am living in CA. After I got married, I have been in constant verbal and physical violence from my wife. After my wife beat me several times in one week in August 2007, I filed a refraining order and moved out. Since then we separated. Last month I filed the divorce petition, recently I received a response from her lawyer. The length of the marriage is about 1 year. What should I do next? Because I am the one who makes money, what should I do to protect me financially? Thanks.
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2008, 07:47 AM
    I guess you need to discuss it with your lawyer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

LV Divorce in Ca [ 3 Answers ]

Hello,I'm new to this board and looking for any advise to what to do. I got married 13mo. Ago in Las Vegas and it seam's as I have to get a divorce to protect myself and assets and a business, that were mine, prior to the plunge. Does the time of marriage have any bearing to making it easier or...

Should I get a divorce? [ 10 Answers ]

I have been married for 12 years with two kids. Our marriage was great for the first two years. My problem with my husband is that he never stands up for me. He has always put his family (bother, sister, mother, his relatives) first and I am second. Every time I tried to talk to him about his...

I want a divorce [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I am new this site; I have been married 2 years today is my anniversary; my spouse is military; He use to be a loving and neutering person while dating; anyhow He has become extremely cold and distant long before He deployed 7 months into our relationship; more and more different on every...

I want to fill for a non contested divorce on my own what should I do [ 2 Answers ]

My wife and I have been married for 7 years now. Wev'e only lived together for the 1st month and have never live together since. We have no kids no property or any dept together, nothing. We speak sometimes to one another and we both bring up the subject of divorce and we agree to meet complete...

Non-contested court judgement [ 2 Answers ]

I read where someone in PA is dealing with a possible court awarded judgement, I live I Arizona and need some answers. I received a notice from the court saying that The court has awarded judgement to pay the debt. First, I will say neither I nor my husband appeared in court on this matter. ...

View more questions Search