Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cryxk11 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2008, 09:26 PM
    Custodial Parent allows child to live with non custoial parent
    Can the custodial parent allow a minor child to move in with the non custodial parent? Can this be done with out a court order, if both the custodial & non custodial parent agree on the conditions or do they need to file with the court?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 29, 2008, 05:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cryxk11
    Can the custodial parent allow a minor child to move in with the non custodial parent? Can this be done with out a court order, if both the custodial & non custodial parent agree on the conditions or do they need to file with the court?

This can blow up in your face - those "side pocket" arrangements often do.

I would go back to Court and get it in writing.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 29, 2008, 06:06 AM
    If you want to IF it can be done, the answer is yes. If you want to know WHETHER it should be done, the answer is no. As Judy said, it could come back to haunt, especially for the non custodial parent.

Apr 29, 2008, 04:16 PM
    Custodial Parent sings custody of minor over to non custodal parent
    If the custodial parent wants to sign custody of a minor child over to the non custodial parent will the custodial parents consent be enough to get the final papers processed, or will the judge review both parents and make the decision. If the judge reviews the case and decides what factors will he take into consideration? Thank you

Apr 29, 2008, 04:52 PM
    Custodial parent and non custodial parent
    If the non custodial parent lost custody 6 years ago and has a court order stating they will have supervised visits with the child, can the custodial parent allow the minor child to live with the non custodial parent with out going through the court system? Both the custodial parent and non custodial parent agree 100% The custodial parent & the non custodial parent have even lived together since the court order 6 years ago (they are currently not together, the custodial parent need to take a night shift job and wants the child to move in with the non custodial parent).
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 29, 2008, 04:55 PM
    The judge has to sign the order, also depending on the age of the child, they will want to hear what the child has to say.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 29, 2008, 05:04 PM
    Can they, most likely, could the custodial parent latter decide to file some complaint? A person does not get supervised visit order unless there is some issue about his parenting.

They need to go back to court and get a new order, if I was the non custodial parent I wouild demand it,
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 29, 2008, 05:16 PM
    Please don't start new threads for basically the same question. I've merged your three threads together.

If both parents agree and the situation doesn't present a danger or other problem for the child, the court will most likely agree to it. As I mentioned before, you can do this outside the courts, but doing so is a minefield. If everyone is in agreement just ask the court for help in filing a petition.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 29, 2008, 05:39 PM
    The answer is yes. You can agree on anything but if it doesn't pass through the courts the NCP can still owe child support even if the child is living with them. Also unless its legal and binding the custodial parent can come take the child away at any time because the courts say so. Bottom line is its great to agree but you still need it in writing from the courts. Get a lawyer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child wants to change residency to live with noncustodial parent [ 3 Answers ]

My daughter was living with me in Arizona when her father petitioned a California court for custody and won. Now she is 16 visiting me in Arizona states that she does not want to return to her father in California. She wants to stay in Arizona with me what can I do she is supposed to go back...

At what age could a child request to live with a specific parent? [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and his ex-wife share custody with their two children. (a 9 year old daughter and a 12 year old son) The children really prefer living in our home which involves a much more stable and routine environment. At what age might they request to live with us on more of a "full time" basis? ...

Custodial parent [ 2 Answers ]

Custodial parent never married the father. via Maryland court papers, father is to see child every other weekend. The custodial parent moved 4 hrs away. Would custodial parent need to go back to court to re-do visitation or is the Maryland court agreement valid in virginia?

Child support/custodial parent moves in with boyfriend [ 5 Answers ]

I just got ordered by court to pay $200 a week in child support for my one daughter. Now I find out from my 9 year old daughter that her mommy's boyfriend has been living with them and now are moving into other house. He is paying for everything. My question is can my child support be...

Age A child can choose which parent to live with [ 3 Answers ]

I have a daughter who lives in Michigan and stayed there when my husband and I moved to Arizona. She is now calling every night crying that she wants to move back in with us but her other parent will not allow it. How is it that a child's voice can not be heard. I am completely blown away that a...

View more questions Search