Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mike_bethard Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2004, 02:14 PM
    Grants for the average american
    :( I was just wondering how to find out how to apply for grants for people who are just searching for grants for just about anything. I mean I get these emails all the time about grant searches but they all charge a fee just to apply. Now I realize that money just doesn't get thrown at you for free but I also realize that there is just a ton of grants out there that we just don't know about.
    tammieudavis Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2004, 06:33 PM
    Grants for the average american
    Mike, I too would like to know. You are right. If there are government grants available, then somebody should be able to tell us without charging a fee. I mean someone surely has gotten a grant and can tell us about it.
    gpaai Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2005, 02:30 PM
    Please add me to the list of people looking for info.

My email address is [email protected]

Thanks,
    Gary
    jill Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

May 8, 2005, 02:29 PM
    EEntrepreneur
    As a general rule if you use internet search engines type and enter this way (without quotation marks)
    "United States government grants"
    Most hits you want to find will be from within those search results.

Internet Explorer 6.01 takes me directly to what I want based on previous searches. I hope this helped all of you.

Go to

http://www.firstgov.gov/external/ext...ww.grants.gov/

Best of Luck :D
    shenda Posts: 160, Reputation: 21

May 18, 2005, 08:06 PM
    Forum Library
    Chicago has a library called the Donor's Forum, they have a site on the Internet, as well as, specific libraries have books and publications regarding grants; however, the key to obtain a grant is patience and diligence... many Grantors give to larger organizations or provide seed money to an organization that will meet some type of social need, however, some Grantors allocate % to individuals especially in the fields of math, science, arts and of course by ethnicity. Some states, as well as, city government offer grants, contact your local city government to obtain a listing.
    leatherseats Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2005, 05:23 AM
    People charge a fee because that's their business. If you wanted a pizza and didn't want to bake it yourself, you would call Dominoes and pay the guy $10 when he brings it to the door. If you call a private business about grant advice, expect to pay a fee. If you prefer to get the info for free, go down to your local federal building and ask for help. Those folks are paid by the taxpayers (all of us) and will give you the appropriate assistance.

As far as non-governmental grants, these typically go to third-party originators (organizations who serve a specific social need). For example, the Ford Foundation, one of America's most prestigious grant providors may make a grant to an arts organization who then makes smaller grants to local artists. Ford does this because it know the arts organization is legitimate, but doesn't have the time to screen the individual artists. The local arts group does this for them.

Good luck!
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Nov 17, 2005, 01:55 PM
    As nutty as Anthony Lesko looks on TV commercials, his book is awesome.

Don't pay the ridiculous TV price for it, though. Check it out from your local library. It's great browsing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Grants [ 5 Answers ]

i'd like to know who and where do i write to get a free government grant? i'd like to know the direct link without having to pay for it. Does anybody know where i write to get a free government grant? Please help me!thank you.

Free grants [ 4 Answers ]

I would like to know how to go about getting a free grant from the federal governmant. I have recently been classified as disabled and would like to start up a career in real estate investing since this would not take a lot of physical labor in order to be a success. I have 3 years of college...

Grants on Horses [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to start a farm taking in abuised horses. How would I go about finding a Grant if there is one available to start a farm. I am not exactly unknowledgable about horses and if I get a grant I have a retired trainer who works with Paso Finos that is willing to work with me on trying to...

Grants [ 1 Answers ]

how Can I Get A Grant To Start A Home Based Business?.

View more questions Search