Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    elainet18 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2006, 09:30 AM
    Lending money to my daughter for house purchase
    I want to support my 23 yr old daughter in buying a property with her friend. She earns a very low wage qnd does not have agod credit record. I am giving her £20,000 and I want to support her in borrowing a further £30,000. I am willing to borrow the extra on my mortgage. How do I make sure that I have some controle over the property bought if she defaults on the payments. I have particular concern in the fact that she is going to be buying with her boyfriend but as 2 individuals rather than as a couple. How do I protect my £30,000 and also the best intersets of my daughter
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 18, 2006, 09:52 AM
    Do not allow the boyfriend to be listed on the deed.

Have yourself listed as the mortgage holder ( lien holder)
    Or have yourself listed as joint owner of property with daughter, after it is paid off, then you can deed it over to her.

Talk to a lawyer to protect your rights
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 18, 2006, 09:54 AM
    Keep your money in your pocket and you don't run the risk of losing it!It is also in the best interest of your daughter to learn she needs to live within her means and not ty up your money and her future with a half-baked plan that depends on YOU!
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2006, 01:03 PM
    What concerns me here is that they are buying this house as 2 individuals.

What happens when they break up? What then?

True, they could have a long life together, but if they don't...

You said they aren't buying it is a couple, but rather 2 individuals. It could get messy.

Best option, have your name put on the deed and then it over to them. Although I don't see why the boyfriend would go for that.

Perhaps you should let your daughter make her own mistakes or else I think you will be on the hook for the 50,000.
    chloe61015 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2010, 05:42 AM
    What is interest?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Welder Purchase [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm looking for a welder. What is the difference between and arc welder and gas or gasless welder. How are they rated? Some are capable of welding either 1/8" or 1/4". Is this based on amperage? 220v is better than 110v? Thanks, Glenn

I need help as far as treating a daughter like a daughter [ 11 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I am asking for help! I have a 33 year old daughter who it seems is always coming up with "why can't you treat me like a daughter should be treated, I have my own family and you just don't treat me like a daughter should be treated". What am I going to do here? I have been...

Who gets money for house [ 5 Answers ]

We married and bought a house in her name. I have no credit. Been together 11 years, married 7 of them. Bought house right after marriage. Were divorcing. Do I get 1/2 the money on the sale of the house? I live in massachusettes.

View more questions Search