Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kendra14 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2008, 10:52 AM
    I need information about adult probation
    I need to know how I can transfer probation to a different county?
    I need to know how I can file a complaint about a probation officer?
    amIwrong Posts: 157, Reputation: 16

Apr 28, 2008, 11:01 AM
    If your on probation for a felony you can't even leave the country unless you have written permission to do so and I am doubting they would let you move though I am not sure. Your probation office should be able to answer that, also, they should have given you a list of things you may and may not do while on probation, you should refer to that. You local government, your city government should also have a method of reporting complaints regarding civil servants. You could Google "Your town" .gov or look in the blue pages section of the yellow pages and find the number for the probation office and this info should be available from them. If all else fails call the city clerks office they will be able to help with both questions.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2008, 04:36 PM
    Here is how to transfer probation
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/crimin...on-115783.html

They might not honor transferring to a different county. It's worth a try.

As far as complaint about your probation officer - they have a supervisor that they have to answer to. Call up and ask who is the supervisor and then make an appointment to discuss the problem in person. Hopefully it is a legitimate reason.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 28, 2008, 04:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kendra14
    I need to know how I can transfer probation to a different county?
    I need to know how I can file a complaint about a probation officer?
    Normally a transfer to another county ( as long as it is not out of state) is normally not a problem, you will have to talk to your PO about it and follow their rules for transfer.

As to the complaint about a probation officer, what is the complaint, often when they are merely being hard but still doing their job people have a wrong ID from TV probation shows. So if you will post we all can see if there is enough for a complaint.

I say this, because while all you have to do is go to their office and ask for an official complaint form With that said, if it is a seroius issue, yes report them, if it is for more minor things, if you do, remember the next PO will know you did this, and guess what, it is a small club, most PO know other PO from close by areas and it is always them against you, so you may be making it a lot harder down the road

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adult probation [ 3 Answers ]

If I missed my probation appointment due to my doctors appointment running late! What will happen? I even have a note from doctor stating I was there! Do I have 24 hours to report before being violated?

Reporting probation in Ohio to Non reporting probation in Florida [ 3 Answers ]

In June 2006 I was sentenced to 5 years probation in Ohio. In Ohio I could travel anywhere in the state without permission. I moved to Florida in September 2007. In Florida I cannot leave the county without permission. I asked my Florida PO about non-reporting probation. I was told that Florida has...

How old is too old to be an Adult Virgin? [ 11 Answers ]

I believe I have either passed, reached or am reaching that unfortunate benchmark. I am 37 and am still a male virgin. It wasn't so much strict religious morals (though I do have standards) it is more to do with social anxiety and the fact that being physical isn't a big part of my inherent...

Summary probation vs. Formal probation [ 2 Answers ]

If I arrested for under the influence of controlled substance and I'm on summary probation, Would I still be charged with violation of probation the same as if I were on formal probation?

View more questions Search