Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    poundsj Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2008, 08:47 AM
    What kind of spider is this?
    So... I found a black spider, about thumbnail sized in my bedroom on my curtain. It had a bright yellow perfect triangle shape on it's back. Also the legs were striped black and yellow. I want to make sure this thing is not dangerous!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 28, 2008, 08:56 AM
    Can you take a picture of it and post it? I have a friend that's an entomologist, with a picture I could probably get you an answer. :)
    amricca Posts: 851, Reputation: 92

Apr 28, 2008, 09:16 AM
    Does it look like this: It is a Triangle Orbweaver

If not check out this link, tons of spiders.

http://www.giffbeaton.com/spiders.htm
    Cruz911 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2008, 02:26 PM
    My guess is it is not dangerous. My buddy owns a spider shop. I've seen that kind. They're the kind to hold. But they don't bite.
    koons2006 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2008, 10:09 AM
    It might be a cobweb spider(Family Theridiidae). Go to Google images and type in cobwed spiders black and yellow triangle it will bring a picture up. Hope this is helpful.:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What kind of spider is this? [ 1 Answers ]

Was cleaning my windows and disturbed this little guy... Have never seen anything like this before. New to Northwest Indiana and unfamiliar with the native bugs.

Another what kind of spider ? [ 2 Answers ]

What kind of spider is this? It's on our patio outside. http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc200/hdawson1/spider.jpg

What kind of spider is this? [ 4 Answers ]

I got two of these in my backyard. I've done some research but can't seem to find any spider that looks like this. I'm thinking it's some type of orb-weaver because it does spin a web in a circular pattern. Also, is it poisonous? If so, how potent is the venom towards people and dogs?

What kind of spider [ 1 Answers ]

We found a huge spider with a white sack attached to it. When we killed it, goo squished out. Do you know what kind of spider this is and is it poisonous? Also, was the spider going to have babies? Is that what the white thing was?

What kind of spider is this? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi can anyone please help me to ID this spider that I caught in my house its huge it could be a giant house spider or a male hobo spider. I'm not sure though I would be gratefull for a second opinion.

View more questions Search