Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wanchai Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2008, 07:52 PM
    Riddle me this
    There are 10 pails. 9 of them contain non-poisonous pills while only 1 contains poisonous pills.All of the pails and pills are of the same colour.How to differentiate the one with the poisonous pills.Non-poisonous pills each weighs 10 gram while poisonous pills each weighs 9 gram.You can only use the weighing scale provided once.
    Izannah Posts: 125, Reputation: 18

Apr 27, 2008, 07:56 PM
    Take a pill from each pail, keeping them in order. One by one, put a pill on the scale, when the amount goes up by 9 instead of 10, that one is the poisonous pill...

Sounded good in my head anyway...
    wanchai Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2008, 08:00 PM
    I answered that but my friend says only can use the reading of the weighing scale once
    Izannah Posts: 125, Reputation: 18

Apr 27, 2008, 08:02 PM
    But you are using it once... just taking a really long time... HA!
    Da Bigchamp Posts: 360, Reputation: 18

Apr 28, 2008, 11:59 AM
    You can have a skittles party and hope you win.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Riddle Me This, Riddle Me That [ 8 Answers ]

You have a bucket that holds 4 gallons of water and another bucket that holds 7 gallons of water. You must go the lake and bring back exactly 5 gallons. How would this be done?

A riddle [ 9 Answers ]

You are driving in a car at a constant speed. On your left side is a 'drop off', (The ground is 18-20 inches below the level you are traveling on), and on your right side is a fire engine traveling at the same speed as you. In front of you is a galloping horse, which is the same size as...

The riddle [ 6 Answers ]

A well known fashion designer, wanting to escape the hustle and bustle of the city, decided to spend a few days at a rural resort. After a day relaxing, she went for a winter stroll to get some fresh air. That was the last time anyone saw her alive. The autopsy revealed that her death was due to...

Riddle me this [ 1 Answers ]

I am the sum of all my parts, yet equal to none of them. The answer has two words and this is a number riddle

Riddle [ 1 Answers ]

Twice eight are ten of us, yet ten is just three. Seven of us are five. Can you now see? If this is not enough, I will tell you a bit more, Nineteen of us are eight, and nine is just four.

View more questions Search