Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bs012754 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2008, 05:26 PM
    Bolan lawn mower
    I`m having trouble with my Bolen rider, when I try to engage the blades after I have it(the rider running ) it will turn off,but it will restart again. Last year I had the same problem and I replace the switch under the PTO. Could it go back to the ignition switch(being bad) thanks for your help
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Apr 28, 2008, 04:45 PM
    Any electrical part can fail at anytime. It is possible that either switch could be bad.

Apr 30, 2008, 05:46 PM
    Mowerman2468 Thanks, this might sound dumb, but how can I test the switches ?Do I take them off and take meter to them or is there a easier way?

May 2, 2008, 05:33 PM
    Well I found out nothing was wrong except I need to increase the speed to take the torque of the blades. Thank you again for letting me sound off.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2008, 04:20 AM
    Ahh ha, that is a prime example of not having the five senses God blessed us with, and the lack of information. Not fussing at you or anything, just using this as an example to help others see how important details can be for us to be able to help them. If I had known you were at a low rpm see, I could have told you to try and increase the rpms. But with all said, if a carb is set properly, the blades should engage without killing the engine.
    dlh11111956 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2013, 04:07 PM
    Blades will not engage on my 38 inch bolen mower put on new belt (correct one) it acts like the new belt is too long

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lawn chief riding lawn mower forward and reverse [ 4 Answers ]

The lawn mower will not go forward or reverse, What should I check to fix this problem?

Diagram for replacing lawn mower belt on Sears Craftsman 4000 Riding Mower [ 9 Answers ]

I need a diagram on how to replace a belt on the Sears Craftsman II 4000 riding mower

Lawn Chief riding lawn mower [ 10 Answers ]

Does anyone know if there is some kind of online manual or diagram showing how to put together different areas of a lawn chief riding mower? We have an older model we're fixing up... just wondering if there's any display or step-by-step instructions w/ pictures online... thanks! Nicole

Lawn and Garden - Push lawn mower [ 1 Answers ]

I put a new blad on my craftsman push mower but it is vibrating roughly. Do you have a diagram of how the blade should go on? Is it washer, blade, washer, bolt or blade, washer, washer, bolt, etc?

Diagram for replacing lawn mower belt on Toro 1744HXL riding mower [ 1 Answers ]

I need a diagram for replacing the belt in the mowing deck of a Toro 17-44HLX riding mower

View more questions Search